DC Sports 4-1 manifold issues

GreenVTi991

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The thing is, it runs really well and pulls with no flat spots. If it is running the standard ECU how come its not running like a pile of pop? Or throwing the eml on?

Has my gearbox got an lsd? I thought it was only VTi-s' that had them?

yes! all VTi/S have them standard ;)

The thing is, it runs really well and pulls with no flat spots. If it is running the standard ECU how come its not running like a pile of pop? Or throwing the eml on?

Has my gearbox got an lsd? I thought it was only VTi-s' that had them?

if your happy with it leave it then :) yes its lsd,be nice to see the print out 190 :shock: sure the seller didnt swap the ecu over b4 sale :| its poss but not certain it wouldnt get 20+hp with the mods depends on the dyno ect also some read high/low. just that itr head, cams,ecu inlet mani ect is about 186-190 stuck on the b18c4

:twisted:

Well, I've looked through the paperwork and cannot find a dyno printout. I'm gona send the previous owner an email to make sure I wasn't imagining it

I still can't get my head round the fact the inlet and other bits have been changed but the ECU isn't throwing a wobbler?

A couple of cars I've owned you so much as wiggle one wire and the ECU has a fit!

All that is missing is the iab as the inlet has changed , so unless the ecu see's really high or low afr readings through the o2 sensor you would not get a engine management light . that does not mean the car is running at its best and there would be some good gains to be made in the rpm midrange for sure . As for 190 i have yet to see a mb6 make that .

I have spent alot of time on this problem this week of people coming to use with figures from other dyno claiming lets say 315 bhp and then we run there car and get 286 bhp and instantley we are wrong , and with all these complants we have found the Dynos they where using as soon as the cars had got to max rpm ,there was a figure on the screen the only way this can happen is to add a percentage as soon as the dyno knows the wheel power . which yours lets the car run down and then adds the mechanical drag on to the wheel horse power which is a 100% the right way to do it .

we had a case and this is how it worked out

focus st with us 286 bhp with another dyno 315 bhp our trans loss was 10.8% there dyno had add 23% for trans loss and with that sort of thing happening in the trade there is no wonder so may people do not have the power they think they have .

Civicturbo79: Do you know of any decent rolling roads in the southeast?

Would a leaking exhaust manifold cause the engine to run rough or sound like its running rough?

O'yes definitely! ;)