my vti-s

danxs

ok i got this as i needed something slower, more sensible and cheaper to run than my b20 ef civic i have just broken for bits. it was over 200bhp comfortably and was a lot lighter than the mb6. i never had it on a dyno but it drank 20 quids worth of fuel for joke... lol

i was browsing for another honda and fancied a 4door as im getting older lol (25), i looked at a few vti's and i thought how bland they were (no offence to vti owners), so i decided to look for a vti-s, i knew they were no different to a vti but look loads better especially in pirates black

i found one in durham (200miles from me) and also one around the corner from me, i went to look at the local one but he wanted too much for the condition (door fabric hanging off, misaligned rear bumper, aftermarket alarm that didnt work, blowing exhaust etc...) so i set about heading up to durham

this would be easy for anyone else except i lost my license in my b20 (long story) (was a collaboration of too many points rather than drink driving etc...) so i had to drive it back on L plates and it took me 11 hours, well me and my mate, that was durham to huddersfield, to bradford, to sheffield to birmingham, we didnt drive constantly, we stopped off at loads of places collecting and dropping off bits off my broke for spares b20 lol. so if you see stick on l plates in my vti-s its cause my test is next month and then they can go in the bin like the last set did a few years ago lol

essay over

i picked up this V reg, 102k on the clock, some service history, new rear calipers and discs and pads, reasonably long mot and tax. drove it home slow but happy to have another honda.

few pics from the day i bought it (still in durham)

P131101_19-09-09.jpg

P131102_19-09-09.jpg

P131103_19-09-09.jpg

P1311_19-09-09.jpg

thats how i got it anyway, it had a cheapo replica mugen intake on it which i binned and fitted the stock airbox, after drilling a few holes in it and fitting a new oe filter to it.

i will add some more pics later on as ive got a fair few more....

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks sweet bud, nice one!! I agree, the VTI-S looks soooo much better, the kit really sets the car off, especially if its lowered a bit too!! Thats why im after the VTI-S kit!! :lol: So no offence taken!! Get it registered on the VTI-S register if you haven't already!! 8-)

cheers, i am not from durham, i went to durham to collect the car. i live in walsall by birmingham

i dont want to mod the car a lot as my b20 was a money pit, 300mm front brakes, itr 5 stud conversion etc... lot of cash, i want to keep this relatively stock for now, i have already done a few things to it but i will wait till ive uploaded the pics and i can show and tell lol

once i got it back, i was up for 8am on a sunday and started washing it, it had covered 250 miles on the way home, all on a roads and it wanted a good clean, i washed it and trim and tyre blacked it and went off to work lol

P091701_20-09-09.jpg

P0917_20-09-09.jpg

P0918_20-09-09.jpg

i had some uk itr wheels kicking about that were off my b20, so i swapped them for a set of 96 spec teg wheels that i was going to fit, i got some tyres fitted and balanced ready to fit, i tried them on the car but foolishly didnt take a pic.

P172302_29-09-09.jpg

P1722_29-09-09.jpg

i then decided i was going to see if there was any interest for sale, except they got stolen from mine a week or so ago. so i cant fit them and im out of pocket as i cant sell them lol

i wasnt amused obviously...

anyway its happened so il get on with it

i took the oe rocker off and flatted it back, primed and then painted it wrinkle black but ive not flatted the lettering back yet as im undecided, i may keep it but i may flat back to reveal the lettering.

P1027_26-09-09.jpg

painted the plug cover to go with it

P1241_23-09-09.jpg

fitted it to see how it looked, i think i will sand lettering back as its a bit dull at the mo

P1703_26-09-09.jpg

P170301_26-09-09.jpg

then i painted the strut brace to suit also, not sure with it to be honest, i dont want to get too far from stock so may repaint in wrinkle

P1526_27-09-09.jpg

P152501_27-09-09.jpg

P1525_27-09-09.jpg

i spent a bit of time on the paint as its a bit dul, it looks loads better in the pics than it does in person, so i washed it, used meguiars stage one paint cleaner on it and then used some liquid wax also by meguiars, the bonnet isnt all done here but its a lot shinier than it was lol

P1802_23-09-09.jpg

next on my list was to lower it, i got the springs out the for sale section on here. so today i fitted the new springs, my shocks are already changed as there are delphi ones fitted, doubt these are stock, and they look very clean lol. anyway while i was there i fitted my new discs and pads to the front as there was a juddering under braking on the way home from buying her. i opted for pattern discs and mintex pads, painted the calipers while i was there, and checked out all the bushes etc... lol

not got a whole side on pic, il get one tomorrow, but from the arch gap you can see its a tad lower than stock.

P1722_10-10-09.jpg

P172201_10-10-09.jpg

you get a cheeky view of my windys in the pic above aswell lol, il put some proper ones up of that as an update...

plenty more to add but il do it tomorrow...

been out and done a little today, was busy servicing cars and helping a friend fix a snapped bolt in the rear shocks on his civic

first off here is the pic of the windys i forgot to add yesterday, the rears should be at work waiting for me but im off so they should be on next week

P165002_11-10-09.jpg

i went to lower the rear today, got the wheel off and looked underneath, the bolts are rusty like crazy, and im pretty sure they will snap, so i didnt try to get them off as i want to keep the car on the road. i will order some fresh bolts and nuts from honda ready. worst case scenario, il have to cut the captive nut off the bottom of the shock and use a new nut and weld it back on once tightened up

quick pic of the car sitting nose heavy

P165003_11-10-09.jpg

next i decided to de-chrome my front grill, i had mixed up some pirates black at work, so i removed the grill, took the chrome surround off, and the badge, painted the badge matt black and the chrome surround in pirates black, left for a few hours and then re assembled and fitted to the car, its makes the front look a lot better now.

P1650_11-10-09.jpg

P165001_11-10-09.jpg

need to sort the rear chrome out now, thats next and to lower the rear

also i fitted some led numberplate lights and side lights, need a hid conversion now as i just sold my one off my other civic lol

cheers, i am repainting the front bumper and lip when it gets a bit warmer, de chroming the rear, lowering the rear, new clutch and box oil change (got the proper honda mtf lsd box oil) and possibly a lighter flywheel

got a quick pic of my led number plate lights, not as bright as i had hoped but they light the floor up so i guess its down to the style of the lense and lamp unit that stops it from covering the whole plate

P214602_11-10-09.jpg

P214601_11-10-09.jpg

more to come

Archived