Silver slug 28/2/13 skip to pg 10!

VTISmichael

good news and bad news, it passed the MOT and then i went onto emperor to have my arches rolled, passenger rear was fine but the drivers rear had been repaired with a double skin and was pretty hard to roll and some paint cracked :( the fronts were easy and guess what my wheels still dont fit lol

so i can either get adjustable camber arms - tyres wont last long

buy more stretched tyres - proby wont be enough

get wide arches - not an option i want to do

i think im just going to sell them now..

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dont give up... front tyre fits look fine to me..i think do they fit..just needs slight negative camber and its sorted..tyres wont fade that quick if you drive slow and normal :-) mine previous tyres lasted long time with too much negative camber... how bad is the rear arch??? did he rolled back the lip though.. for the paint crack cover it with some underseal !!!! theres always 1 dodgey arch... get some pix up...

as i said the rear passenger was fine but the otherside was too thick and didnt come out as good, i will need adjustable camber arms for both front and rear, im putting them up in a few forums at the moment and see what intrest i get, they fit the s13 pcd so they might get snapped up on sxoc hehe

thats a shame wheels really suited the car.. if i had the cash now if take them off you!! i reckon the bbs rep would have fitted nicely!!!! thats the thing about modding never seems to goto plan!! :-(

Sorry to hear that, but as Shadz says, I dont think it will need to much camber to get those fronts to fit, they are not that far off in the above pic, which I presume was before the arch rolling.

Stay on it, as you have started, will make your car all the more unique, and a pleasure for you to own, knowing the effort you have gone too.

Sorry to hear that, but as Shadz says, I dont think it will need to much camber to get those fronts to fit, they are not that far off in the above pic, which I presume was before the arch rolling.

Stay on it, as you have started, will make your car all the more unique, and a pleasure for you to own, knowing the effort you have gone too.

true i reckon he should he keep them.. it just needs slight neg camber!.and its all sorted!!! can pick up cheap camber kits on ebay...and they easy to adjust!!

Yeah, its decided, by myself and Shadz. Buy a camber kit, and try it.

If it still doesnt work, sell the camber kit, and then sell the wheels. However, you may be able to get them on for not much more cash, and will definitely be cheaper than looking for new wheels/tyres again.

Ive given in and bought a set of used dc2 front camber arms off ek9 forum and new rear camber arms of ebay, hopefully i should get the fronts tomorrow and the rears maybe saturday, if it all arrives ill be finally getting those wheels on! :D

need to get some quotes for body work and get some underseal!