Project Dimitri - Honda Civic - 05/04/12 BIG UPDATE

harVTEC

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They build them just down the road from me [smitten.gif]

One of my previous jobs was sand blasting the beetle chassis for the cars to be built on. ;)

Ah really? Do you see many down that way? I've only ever seen 1 other in the flesh.

That's a proper job, where you can see your work! None of this office stuff :)

harVTEC

Awesome work dude, I could never do anything like that myself! :lol:

Thanks mate, as above, it really does mean a lot when others appreciate the work you put in to something :)

It's not as daunting as it first seems, my Haynes manual was mint when I started, now it looks a little beaten up haha! Learnt a lot doing it, which in my opinion is one of the best parts :D

harVTEC

biggest double post ever? ;)

but seriously great work! would never be able to do something like that!

Oops :/ I thought I had posted it twice, the first time I submitted it I got an 'Cannot display this webpage' page come up, luckily I copied and pasted my post before, posted it again thinking it hadn't gone on. Doh.

Cheers matey, was hard work but looking back on it is was definately worthwhile, wouldn't like to think what a garage would have charged for what I did?

harVTEC

biggest double post ever? ;)

Because it's 99% picture it takes an age to load too ;)

Damn, I thought he'd done the build twice! :lol:[smash.gif]

Well I know how you boys like a good bit of picture whoring :D No edited so it loads a bit quicker :)

harVTEC

Wow I admire you you're just 17 and you've done that :o Good job, I can't get to step 1 :D How does the car feel now

Thanks mate, gota start somewhere :D My problem is once I get started, I can't stop, I was out in the garage at 3AM one morning cleaning up every last bolt, removing old gaskets and having a perfectly clean surface. Then I'd be up at 6AM and get straight back out there 8-)

The car feels completely different, I have stalled it more times in the last week that I have since starting to drive, trying to get used to a clutch that engages lower on the pedal was tricky, also no more clutch slip so you either go or you stall unlike before! The car feels much more responsive and it is definately faster, I suppose with the vales all grinded in, skimmed head, headgasket and what not my compression is probably back to where it should be.

The engine is also much quieter and smoother now :)

Thanks again everyone.

harVTEC

Well as mentioned above, despite all of the money, time and effort I have just spent on the car I'll be putting it up for sale tomorrow once I've got some up to date pictures for a for sale thread. I want a SSB facelift EK3 for a bit of a change, you don't see many facelift EK3s either (one of the many reasons I want one).

harVTEC

i still cant believe you did all that at 17 :o very impressive! how did you learn all that? suppose you have to start somewhere, im 19 and im just starting to get lots of knowledge under my belt and its all thanks to everyone on here! thats a shame you've decided to sell but hopefully you will stay on the forum and maybe go back to an 'm' someday?