MC2 VTi Aerodeck.

streaky

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

So a little update! As you may have read elsewhere I had an exhaust fail in true Honda style and snap behind the backbox. The boggo system is rubbish anyway and pattern parts are usually made of chocolate, so I decided it was time to upgrade. As there are very few "off the shelf" options for the Aerodeck - I decided to visit LongLife in Basingstoke for a stainless custom catback.

As the VTi is my baby-chariot both noise and subtlety were an issue. Matt, the chief fitter, was very accommodating and I have to say his works top notch. Very happy and now I have a 2" internal stainless system, mated to the original CAT. I chose 2" over 2.25" primarily for noise reduction but the car still opens up very nicely and the subtle "Spoon" style tip is quite understated to.

Anyway, some poor quality pics form the phone will have to do until she's clean again as it's embarrassingly dirty!

2013-02-23122740_zps174f2c5d.jpg

2013-02-23122750_zpsb7d3e731.jpg

2013-02-23122813_zps5fd60518.jpg

2013-02-23130731_zpsed8a7c54.jpg

Brakes on!

2013-02-25070919_zps6a122b58.jpg

Handbrake is seemingly knackered on one side so looks like its's going to be a new caliper in the not too distant future. Honda rear calipers are truely awful, all 6 of my Civic's have suffered the same fate!

Still got the fronts to do and some caliper paint to apply but that can wait for another day. Been a busy weekend!

Rear ARB droplinks arrived so I just need to get round to refurbing and fitting that, then the VTI-S kit is next on the to do list (just need to find someone who will paint them for beer money! :lol:)