MC2 VTi Aerodeck.

streaky

8-) never thought of changing bulbs in rear for detangoed :idea:;)
It's next on my list, along with the side indicators.Also, how can you possibly post an update without pictures, criminal. ;)

I know - shocking! unfortunately my falts now been filled with high chairs, strollers, pushchairs and various other baby related crap, i had to keep them all at the inlaws!

Pics will come once i get them painted :)

• 6 months later...
  • Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Blimey - been a while since an update.

Still not got around ot painting the VTI-S kit or spoiler or even the grill! Moneys tight and I can't justify the cash right now, although I am tempted to get my rattlecans out and see how good a finish I can get myself.... I need to get in the garage and pull my finger out to sort out the rest of my bits! :lol:

Anyway - a minor update. Headlight bulb went last week and I finally decided I should overhaul my headlights (another job i've been putting off!) No "in progress" shots I am afraid but a couple of comparison shots.

Old on the car and new about to go on.

2013-01-12082421.jpg

New one in - still needs a polish though.

2013-01-12151611.jpg

Both in, need to adjust the bumper bar on the passenger side very slightly as the clearance is a bit off but you get the idea.

2013-01-12151603.jpg

For those interested, after removing the screws and using the oven to soften the sealant I pulled apart a pair of OEM headlights. I de-tangoed them by dismantling the headlight, removing the "orange" filter over the indicator and using silvertec indicators in place of the old plain ones. (Silver bulbs, flash orange)

I painted the housing in gloss black - 2 coats of primer and 3 coats of colour - came out quite well but feasably you could paint them any colour. I then cleaned everything and reassembled (with help of the oven again) and then ran a fine bead of clear sealant around the joins just to help ensure the condensation doesn't get in. I also replaced all the bulbs whilst I was at it for new LED sidelights, silvatec indicators and Nightbreaker main beams.

Updates the front end quite nicely IMO!

I'll be updating again when I get around to cleaning and painting the other parts currently gathering dust!

• 4 weeks later...

Little update.

Was in desperate need for some new boots so picked these up - some recently refurbed OEM Speedlines with decent tyres for a very good price :)

Still smaller than I would like but 4x114 seems to be the most awkward size to find decent second hand wheels in!

I WILL get round to doing the VTI-S kit soon, I promise. But looks like going to need to replace all 4 brakes first.

2013-02-07123254_zps8bbbaa73.jpg

2013-02-07123307_zpsdb2435e9.jpg

Little update.

Was in desperate need for some new boots so picked these up - some recently refurbed OEM Speedlines with decent tyres for a very good price :)

Still smaller than I would like but 4x114 seems to be the most awkward size to find decent second hand wheels in!

I WILL get round to doing the VTI-S kit soon, I promise. But looks like going to need to replace all 4 brakes first.

2013-02-07123254_zps8bbbaa73.jpg

2013-02-07123307_zpsdb2435e9.jpg

Looks smart!

That's the thing with cars, always something that needs doing! [smash.gif]

But for the time that you get where everything is perfect and you can give it a good thrash.....bliss! :mrgreen:

Are you sticking with those alloys or did you have something else in mind?