MC2 VTi Aerodeck.

streaky

quote:And thanks to some numpty cross threading the two screws in the armrest console

:idea: dont need to undo any screws the wood pannel thing is cliped in, just give it a yank at the front ;)

good work, like that brace,much room for engine movement :?:

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

awesome work so far mate. i bought a `deck for the same reason, had a baby boy and the ek civic wasnt big enough! loads of room for everything in these and the power to go with it!

X2.

I also have a eg9 civic but isn´t big enough for the all family, so last summer bought a Mc2.

Keep the good work.

My MB6 is the same colour, think it looks pretty good when it's been polished and all shiney!

Some good work so far, tail lights look loads cleaner! Front strut brace is different too, didn't realise EK4 ones fit!

Well thanks for the responses. A somewhat boring and pictureless update this time round.

Just got back from a week in a very wet and windy Isle of Wight and gave the car its first real shakedown since buying it. So what did I discover?

- In the wet with a full boot - it's VERY twitchy at speed! I suspect the lack of a rear ARB doesn't help, which I will be looking at.

- Fuel economy is bang on where it should be, as is the temperature gauge, heating and even the AC :)

- Boot space is big, but could be bigger - overflowing with a weeks worth of baby stuff! (Or Mrs Streaky just packed too much stuff!?)

- I have blocked drainage holes somewhere as I have a spare wheel well full of water! Suggestions on where to check appreciated!

- The typical Honda squeeky clutch release bearing is has come back to haunt me again - do any exist without this!? :lol:

All in all though, despite the above, very happy with the old girl - here she is on the ferry!

2012-04-27101628.jpg

I've got a big box of parts awaiting fitting, nothing particularly exciting just yet but will keep me busy next time I get a day to myself.

Also managed to source a rear mid-spoiler and rear lip which should be collected this week, just need to get the skirts and front lip - then i'll have them painted as well as de-chroming the gril and rear plate recess once the weather (and my bank balance) improves.

Not sure if this applies to the M's but on the EK, the boot full of water was a broken tail light seal, might be worth double checking yours as you've had them out recently?