Cindy Civic YR 2000 MB6

PsychoDogBeast

Hi there

Well there hasn't been much work done to the old dog over the past few weeks, the bodykits all been delivered and dropped off at my sprayshop, my sprayer carl has said he can do something about the lip to make it look a lot tidier and not look like its been butchered:)

The cars still waiting to go in though:(

I've bought a new battery for Cindy, its been on its last legs for months and the cold days finally killed the old battery last week.

And ive finally done something about my dodgy remote keyfob which has been knackered for the last year, ive booked the car in on tuesday for a Gemini alarm/immobiliser like i had put on the G60 last year, new Honda remote cost from stealers around £150, Gemini alarm with window rolls £140 :lol: which is it going to be.

James

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi there all

Well finally i'm getting somewhere with old Cindy, had an alarm fitted a couple of weeks ago so ive got a bit of security again and remote central locking, got her a new battery as well as the winter months were starting to take its toll, theres nothing worse than flat batteries first thing on a morning.

Its getting the rear axle bushes done on monday, so no more banging and clattering from the rear end and finaly the cars booked in with my trusted sprayshop on tuesday for the front wing dents removing, bumpers, bonnet and spoiler blowing over and the Vtis kit fitting.

It'l be an expensive week or so but hopefully the old girl will get a new lease of life for the next few years.

I'l get some pictures up as soon as its all done :)

Cheers James

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there all

well its good news i think, cars had all its suspension work done, drop links/bushes etc and it drives so much better, got it down to the spray shop last tuesday, phoned my sprayer up today and shes going to be read a week today, fingers crossed the old girl looks ok.

Only the wheels to get refurbed and some form of stainless steel back box with a 2 1/2 to 3" pipe and it should be ready to give me another 5 years service :)

I'l get pics up when i collect next week

James

• 4 weeks later...

Hi there all

Its been a good day today, i got the call from my sprayer yesterday afternoon my car was ready, its only taken 6 weeks lol.

I collected the car this morning, it looks awesome, all the dents and missing paint have gone, even the damage to the bonnet that was on the car when i bought it all those years ago.

The vtis bodykit looks fantastic, its changed the looks of the car no-end, looks a much sportier car, i will get some pictures up tomoz when it stops snowing outside.

My sprayer charged me £480, to smooth and paint the kit, remove dents in bumpers/wings and bonnet and spray them and the rear spoiler, i thought that was agood price, iv'e used this bodyshop for years now though.

Old cindy Civics going to give me another good few years of service, total cost since i started the project is £1100, for the kit, spraying, alarm, parcel shelf, suspension and clear indicators.

Cheers James

Archived