how good is ZS 180 setup?

col

James - A very kind offer and great if you would. I've got the manual but nowt like getting it first-hand from someones who's done it! Not sure when I'm gonna do it but maybe do the front one week then back the next. My car's not a daily driver (got a Vito for work) so no trouble about doing it in steps.

What ever :)

do the front so first its easier and less fiddle

i found a way that you don't have to take off the lower ball joint ;) ( im sure im not the only one though )

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do the back first then you will have the easy one left

I never take off the ball joint just take off the fork bit off the shock first

Think I get you, just split the front damper from the fork and leave the fork in place? Looking at the manual the front does seem a tad easier and just sussed what it means by torquing the bolts under load (i'm a sparky by trade)!

Once all this is done has anyone had any trouble with alignment or handling problems? Is it best to then get a full alignment done or just see how it drives? Mine's pretty sorted right now with a tiny bit pull to the left so hopefully should'nt make much of a difference.

Think I'll do the rear ARB first though just to see what the difference is over standard.

Wd40 all the bolts the day b4 and wire brush them. You will need to unbolt the fork to or you won't have enough play. If you can get a mate to help you as you will need someone to push the hub down unless you are strong like me lol

Well just got back in from work to a parcel from CWdismantlers containing my full set of mg suspension. Looks like the ARB is in middling condition but pretty sure I'll be holding back on the suspension swap! -

captthorat

Not too happy about this especially as the tw*ts dropped the price by £18 quid a few days after I bought these. What type of person sells gear in this condition?