Mazda Mx5

james

how will i know if they are free ??

Pour water in the gulleys and watch it come out of the bottom. ;)

i have put a dehumidifier in it tell 9 o clock tonight ;)

Looks good dude!

My mate has the MK1 with pop up headlights, stuck an ebay turbo kit on it about 7 years ago and it's still going strong! :lol:

Thanks i may turbo it but at the moment im just enjoying how it is 8-)

i took it for a drive topless yesterday :) me and my girlfriend

DSC00047.jpg

DSC00046.jpg

DSC00048.jpg

so did i but this car was too good to turn down its had two owners from new

it was bought by parents for there daughter starting collage then they traded in against a brand new megane convertible when she finished

one hour later a mechanic working at the dealership bought it, he kept it in a shed for three years and only bought it out in the summer months .. so it hasnt been around the world (japan ect.) its well maintained as the first owners ware very meticulous and then it was owned my a mechanic

to me it felt like the right one, i drove a few and they ware notting on this, they ware Noisy, smokeing, dodge, resprayed, in the middle of being repaired ect. this is none of them :)

^ straight away .. i have to fit in my bucket seat

Today is got my car ready for buffing started with a wash then i used meguiars cabriolet cleaner and then the weather proofer

(looking nice and shiny now [smitten.gif] ) next i broke out the bilt hamber auto clay i like this stuff as all you need is water

DSC00050.jpg

DSC00051.jpg

the previous owner used red t-cut :? after that i steped up to washing up liquid to realy dig in a remove any greese ( i know i only ever use it when needed which is almost never ;) )

i think someone washed the car at some stage and left the shampoo to dry in as there is a film on the whole car except the hardtop

DSC00060.jpg

DSC00058.jpg

next i unbolted the tie down hooks ( when the car leaves the factory to the dealer they are tied down to the truck with these hooks, when new you could ask the dealer to remove them if you wanted ) this is better

DSC00052.jpg

DSC00054.jpg

my plan to buff the car is to use meguiares #205 as japanese cars paint is very soft/thin and this polish is gentle ( unlike farecla G3 which is a full on compound ) i will be using a meguaires 2.0 pad on my da polisher

DSC00055.jpg

i have a half tub of simoniz wax at home so i will use this, i like this as bang for buck is grate, you have to be fast thought, if it dries :evil: things will get though

it lasts around six + months depending on how much preparation you have done before hand nice beeding - grate shine

im thinking some thing like this

6657960040large.jpg

82421152.jpg

i love the shape of the mouth but a flat number plate ruins it :roll:

i am going to got one made to irish standards (dimensions & the irish sign at the side) as i dont want to be bugged buy the blues in twos :)