mb2 build up..Starter problem!

Raz s

• Replies 515
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

cheers chaps bit of an update. Been abit P.O with the car today for no apparent reason bet hey :lol:

Been in the garage tonight and refurbed the last of my calipers. there was no need to rebuild due to working fine so all i did was use a wire cup brush in the grinder to take all the crap off, panel wipe and copper hammerite (even though it looks gold )

Also cleaned shocks and fitted my spings. Quick question as these are progressive springs should the tighter coils be at the top or at the bottom of the shock?.The fronts only fit with the tighter coils at the top due to the spring getting narrower towards the bottom. But the rears seem to fit both ways. see pics of the rears ?

Any way afew more pics and if any one could clear that up for me i will be ever so greatful :mrgreen:

IMG_0432.jpg

IMG_0434.jpg

IMG_0435.jpg

IMG_0433.jpg

IMG_0437.jpg

Old suspention reduced to a pile of scrap

IMG_0436.jpg

wow really like your steering wheel! where did you get it and those dials in the storage compartment what are they for?

It was an oem option on eg's (quote me if im wrong) i saw one of these got for $355 a few months back and this was a super rare scrappy find, my favorite mod on the car right now id just like to get it re trimmed. and the dials i had lying around from a previous project what i thought id put to some use.

One is volt metre and the other is oil temp

My old man had a Carlton GSi with a hole in the door where it has rusted through! :lol:

Looks like it's coming along nicely though!

What's the long term plan for it?

Cheers mate. yeh i darnt look under the sill trim right now :lol: long term plans ? not so sure right now mainly tidy up body work (new wing,rusted arches welded etc etc) i bid on a set of evo 4 recaros and got out bid by £2 :evil: so something along them lines for the interior. The rest just take it as it comes, and looking at builds on here to give me a few ideas

was thinking about getting those wheels myself!!! you beat me to it! :evil::lol:

;):lol: You should do mate they fill the arches really nice. Think im gonna refurb them in anthrecite once all mechanical issues are sorted.

£2!? Wounded mate!

Would have made a nice addition too!

Small update, had goodies arriving to get my car back on the ground. New handbrake cable (disk) have to order another because they only had one in stock :x. new pagid flexi's, Trs tow strap not sure how this will look yet, and my stickers for the rear quarterlights ;)

Still waiting for my rear shock poly set, front lip and d1wheel nuts to seat properly in my volvo rims. also went to the scrappy at the weekend and found a free multichanger and lead for my stereo :) not sure where to mount it yet though, i was thinking glove box but i think it might be a little tight.

IMG_0444.jpg

IMG_0451.jpg

IMG_0452.jpg

IMG_0442.jpg

IMG_0440.jpg