mb2 build up..Starter problem!

Raz s

• Replies 515
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just read your thread front to back very good work going on here well done on the welding front your pretty good at that side of things, i do a little myself but not that well, glad your saving it i bought a 1.4 auto M for my mother inlaw about 3 years back hers is rotting away into dust really pi55es me off when folks dont care about thier motors.

top work mate impressive stuff.

Just read your thread front to back very good work going on here well done on the welding front your pretty good at that side of things, i do a little myself but not that well, glad your saving it i bought a 1.4 auto M for my mother inlaw about 3 years back hers is rotting away into dust really pi55es me off when folks dont care about thier motors.

top work mate impressive stuff.

My girlfreind told me to say awwww thats nice :lol: . But yeh cheers mate! it takes a while and im still learning my self other than the obvious rot on the rear arches of the M i cant fault it and am enjoying this project :D

Thanks again mate!!

If the mother inlaw ever gives up the 1.4 auto i will be their to collect it and i will be learning some more welding skills, this was one of the main reasons i read through yours to see whats involves, the 1.4 Honda engines are rock solid little things my first honda was a 1.4GL same block different generation they are brilliant and great on petrol.

Update!!!

Started to weld in the rear repair sections the other day, Finished the welding off tonight and got a fair amount of filling done to get the shape back. Mega chuffed with how this went and to my suprise no warpage!!!!! :D:D:D

More tomorrow hopefully

Sorry for bad dark pics.

DSC_0150.jpg

DSC_0151.jpg

DSC_0152.jpg

DSC_0152.jpg

DSC_0154.jpg

DSC_0155.jpg

DSC_0156.jpg

As it stands now with a guide coat for tomorrow

DSC_0157.jpg

DSC_0160.jpg