MGZS ARB fix

weetec

i used a big 17mm nut :lol: send the bolt through the LCA then install the washer then slide the ARB droplink on to the bolt. install your washer over this then the tightening nut. WACK11111:D

you can fit a washer either side of the droplink to stop the rubber from spewing out. previously the bottom droplink rubber was really distorted due to incorrect/over tension. now its bang on 8-) got to be a little movement to allow suspension to work

weetec I see you are trying to make the suspension work better and wanted to ask do you plan to the try the "swapping top arms mod" :P

I really want to try this but I prefer someone do it before me :D

weetec I see you are trying to make the suspension work better and wanted to ask do you plan to the try the :P

I really want to try this but I prefer someone do it before me :D

"swapping top arms mod" what arms are these?

• 2 weeks later...

Did this ARB fix to my car the other night & glad I did as the drop link on the nearside was def not sitting at 90degrees! The rear ride does seem slightly more pliable now & I feel safe in the knowledge that my ARB L brackets aren't going to tear the floor apart.

I checked my front ARB (MGZS one) & its sitting very close to the wishbones. I've got some spare rubber bushes so am going to space it up a bit to see if it makes a difference

• dr_broon pinned this topic
  • Dave unpinned this topic