MGZS ARB fix

weetec

HELL NO :shock: another MGZS arb subject :lol: . looking at it under a MOT inspection pit today i realised the ARB is under too much stress. if you remove the bolts going through the LCA's and allow the droplinks/ARB to relax youll notice compared to the bolts in there is a huge difference :o:? .... in effect what we have done is clamped the rear chasis down on to the LCA'a and retricted movement of the damper/spring.....hence i did a little mod which makes the ride much bearable and reduces the chassis stress on the L brackets ;)

just between the LCA and droplink install a 15mm spacer. intall longer bolts. this will allow the suspension to work independently and not distort the inner rubber of the droplink..... where as before it had been distorted

the weight of the chassis was being brought down hard as the car went over a pothole hence really stressing the ARB and brackets. after all the L brackets are only mounted on thin metal.

think of it as previously the ARB was forcing the LCA to the chassis, now the pre-tension would be correct. pics to follow :D

Mine was installed with spacers. I don't know how's the situation with MB6 but with mine that's the only proper way to be installed and the drop links to be at 90 degrees. :?

Mine was installed with spacers. I don't know how's the situation with MB6 but with mine that's the only proper way to be installed and the drop links to be at 90 degrees. :?

X2 8-)

so what kind of spacer is it that's needed to b slotted in naz? sort of like a thick washer?

i used washers ;)

:idea:

can't remember how I set mine up tbh... deffo used washers, but cant remember which side of the arm the washers went.

:)

• dr_broon pinned this topic
  • Dave unpinned this topic