VTECDECK's MC2 VTi

VTECDeck

Hi guys. Always had a build thread on the other forums I've used for my previous Hondas so I though it was time I sorted one on here.

I bought the car from aerotech on here. She's a sweet car, 93k with good history and has a full factory VTi-S kit and mid wing. Roy the previous owner has fitted the 17" rota subzeros (soon to be refurbed) and the TA technics coilovers.

Some pics from when I bought it:

209d0913.jpg

befa02da.jpg

59216c17.jpg

70a6b30a.jpg

It's fair to say I love it. Loads of practicality, I've loaded it up full about 3 times now and there's no rubbing from the wheels, and still quick and sounds great.

My plans for her at first are sorting out a full 2.5" exhaust and getting the brakes upgraded. I've got my Eye on an exhaust now and the new header is just waiting for the funds (I'm going for and RMF narrow header). The wheels will be changed over the the standard ones in a couple of weeks for the winter and I'll get them refurbed with white centres and a fully polished lip.

First mods thought have been to support my best mate with his fledgling business and put some of his company logos on the car and to black the grill out.

The pics:

04B9E73E-A2E0-4F96-AFC8-C7BAB0A59721-28177-000024ED3D7A183F.jpg

1B7B0C2D-7ADE-4ECC-A7E1-B93F51A72A83-28177-000024ED35A68A87.jpg

B6F8E092-2877-4AFB-9381-1EE5DC9B840C-28177-000024ED4476FC91.jpg

I'll have some pics later when I've got the coilovers wound down a few more will and I've got the arches rolled.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've decided to try the wheels on Pistonheads. I'm really thinking 16" would allow me to go a bit lower and I have found more wheels I like in the 4x114 PCD. Currently thinking either GT3's or SSR spec C's, I have found both in the size I want and and I my price range.

Also I have found an exhaust and Ive bought the pipe to extend it (made for an MB6), its a 2.5" custom manifold back system with a 4" tip (a tad big but I would like to replace it with a HKS muffler if I can find one cheap enough)

Also had a pipe dream today of respraying her in milano red as I would have loved one in that colour.

Cheers for the positive comments guys :mrgreen:

The Rotas are for sale on eBay and Pistonheads now. Going to rock standard wheels for the winter and sort some nice 16" JDM wheels for next years shows.

On the exhaust front I've got my 2.5" system fitted now, although It was a bloody mission. Firstly It was for an MB6 so I knew I have to weld in a section to make it fit, this went easy. But when I fitted the back box it felt a bit light, well after a few other problems I have found that it is more of an amplifier than a silencer! Its so bloody loud and I like a loud exhaust, Inside the car ATM It is louder than the Spec 2 I had on my B16A JDM VTi. Basically I have bought a twin loop silencer in 2.5" with a 4" tail pipe to replace the knacker back box and make the system considerably quieter. The other problem I have had other that the back box was that the system was custom built for a turbo MB6, which meant a non OEM downpipe flange location. Now this would have been fine if I had been told this by the seller! So I had to break out the welder and cut 6" out of the system before the cat and re weld the flange on.

heres a pic of how far it was out:

7B6D36CC-DF29-4FAE-AC4E-58BD706E01E1-33498-00002D4381568236.jpg

C2B47A6A-3FAF-4904-9159-EDB486E3EF34-33498-00002D437A1771E2.jpg

Over all though I am chuffed with the system and the pick up I noticeably better, I can't wait to get an RMF header now to finish off the system and then she will be going to be mapped to get the engine working best with the mods.

Also as the OEM alloys will be going back on as winters what colour should I paint them as I not rocking crappy OEM alloys.