VTECDECK's MC2 VTi

VTECDeck

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got the twin loop fitted today. It bloody started raining so I still have a few things to sort out, like cutting the mahooosively long tail pipe down 3", but it's on securely and not leaking. Also as a plus side its super quiet inside the car now and sounds epic! Like a DC2 Twin loop or spoon street system! Definetly need the RMF header now to finish the Exhaust system.

I think the next mod will be to build a heat shield into the engine bay to stop the air filter from becoming to heat soaked. I don't want to enclose it as Iove the sound of the intake but It does sap power as it stands.

And pictures of the twin loop will be up when I get the weather to cut the tip down.

what does the twin loop actually do? more or less noise? or something else?

The twin loop simpily loops the exhaust back through the tail silencer to give a quieter system. Much better for road use and it's only a bit noisier than the OEM system but it's 2.5" dia (well mine is) and give a great boost to power and torque.

what does the twin loop actually do? more or less noise? or something else?

The twin loop simpily loops the exhaust back through the tail silencer to give a quieter system. Much better for road use and it's only a bit noisier than the OEM system but it's 2.5" dia (well mine is) and give a great boost to power and torque.

ah cool i can see why people get them :)

• 7 months later...

Haven't updated in a while so thought I'd pop back and tell people how things are going.

Reason for the long delay is I fell out of love with the car a little bit. The gearbox has basically decided it would rather arrange its gears in a more random way and done away with bearings in favour of swarf so that's making it a bit hard to drive nicely. Also all the brake callipers have started sticking so it feels really down on power for the first 10mins of driving while the brake warm up and unstick. Basically I'd had enough and nearly swapped it for another EG civic but I have seen the light (and the practical boot) and decided to lavish some time on the old MC2 to get her to her former glory.

Starting with the brakes I have acquired some Honda Legend twin pots (that I am rebuilding as we speak), rear calliper re-build kits with S/S pistons and a set of HEL braided brake lines. Going to get some Motorsport DOT 5 brake fluid as well and get the stopping power up to scratch.

Next is the hunt for a good gearbox in my price range. I'm budgeting £150 for a good 100K mileage S9B, £150 for a lightened flywheel and £150 for a decent stage 2 clutch. Finding it a tad difficult to find the parts in this budget but I'm getting there with help from Jack at JDM Regiment, a good mate of mine. Hopefully by the time the parts are sourced I can stretch to a set of energy suspension shifter bushes as well.

After that's done she will be going to the body's hop to have the rear bumper, arches and bonnet sorted as they all need attention and new side decals will be added. Also hopefully some new wheels a d extra lows will be arriving soon, again with help from JDM Regiment.

Here's a few pics to add a bit of visual stimulation, as that always make a build thread better in my opinion.

0B6350B9-14BC-43C7-9585-0B000E8CC062-13052-000007DADE9E8AB7.jpg

FCC3E4AE-EAD4-4D27-81DF-1288E642E045-13052-000007DAE6F668B1.jpg

Cheers for reading guys and gals