Mr Brown's Project MB3- Front End Repair Underway

Mr Brown

Think we all say that we are not doing much as i did at beginning of my build thread

nearly a year in from buying her and well the pictures say everything i have been infected with

OCD ( obsessive Civic5 Disorder) and there is no know cure to man :lol::lol::lol:

thee is....

a limitless credit card :lol::lol:

So as the new title suggests i have tinted the rear lights

After i mentioned wanting tinted rear lights in a previous (thread or message) a very helpful friend named Knight linked me to a set being sold on Fleabay

They wanted £9.99 postage so i placed a reasonable £15.00 bid as my limit they sold for £16.00 oh well (To be honest they were really black and prob not legal but looked awsome)

So i had a snoop around wanting really dark but legal film and i happened across this spy film stuff which is legal

I Shall Explain...

This is said film on a roll

DSC_0759_zpscefadc19.jpg

Close up you can see how it works and why its still legal

DSC_0760_zps80692144.jpg

DSC_0758_zps2d469e62.jpg

I am more than happy with the finished result although the pictures dont do it justice

I got this stuff on using my mrs hairdryer a very flexable plastic spatula i actually removed the lights to do it but can easily be done on the car

As i say pics do no justice as i can confidenly say there are no bubbles or blemishes at all except there are three points on out rear lights surfaces from where they were moulded and they pertrude slightly

Close Up

DSC_0764_zpsc427089f.jpg

And a foot or so away

DSC_0762_zpsc8ea9095.jpg

DSC_0761_zps1e82ac97.jpg

And the further you walk away they go proper black will take some more pics later when it gets dark

These were taken in Broad Daylight

Going to do the headlights soon and when i get new ones the fogs as well [smitten.gif][smitten.gif][smitten.gif][smitten.gif]

Looking good mate i had flyeyes stuff simular to what you got, but on my headlights and looked very cool! Love it! ties in with the black theme!!!

I know and im now thinking when the front end gets sorted and from lip on if i do headlights and fogs she will look well sleeper :lol::lol::lol:

I can not wait [smitten.gif][smitten.gif][smitten.gif]

Look's great that mate! i was thinking of this mod my self although i wasn't sure on a silver car.

Im going to do something similar i think but only do the clear part

That will look good mate touch more tricky to get neat finish although you can remove the lense completely and do it from the inside but i did not fancy that as they will need to be glued back together afterwards :D

Thanks for opinions guys im over the moon with the result and just gone out for the first time in the dark and it looks awsome im at my mates now but will take pics in a few hours when we pop out [smitten.gif][smitten.gif]