Mr Brown's Project MB3- Front End Repair Underway

Mr Brown

:D

Nice, sounds like a good day planned ;)

it does and the weather looks like it will hold off until thursday so tomorrow will be all good :lol::lol::lol:

hi bud, just got around to catching up on your thread - she's come on welll 8-)

Cheers man glad you think so im well chuffed with the look im achieving all got to happen quick now though under ten weeks till fest [smitten.gif][smitten.gif]

Got a good start on the rust and dents today. Took a lot longer than i planned because rust was worse than it first looked

Some pics of Damage to repair

Drivers side rear arch

DSC_0769_zpsed6dba96.jpg

DSC_0770_zps04ae5680.jpg

DSC_0771_zpsc1bbca4a.jpg

After attacking with the mini grinder

DSC_0774_zpse0d85545.jpg

DSC_0773_zpsea8b25d2.jpg

DSC_0772_zpse48fbf8a.jpg

And inside of arch

DSC_0775_zpsdb7a22b1.jpg

DSC_0776_zps676bfbba.jpg

After a proper grind

DSC_0777_zpsa5f91d0c.jpg

No more pics of progress on that side yet have started rebuilding arch so will take some tomorrow when i finish (Of course whole area was treated with hammerite cure rust gel)

This is the passenger side before

DSC_0778_zpsbcd10d87.jpg

DSC_0779_zpsfe00c8da.jpg

After Grinding

DSC_0780_zpsff9c45f1.jpg

DSC_0781_zps0e1b93dc.jpg

And again no pics of filler stage but this time because i forgot to take them :lol::lol:

This is what lower part looks like now

DSC_0782_zps61da865e.jpg

Im quite happy with results looks pretty good

More tomorrow as i got an extra shift at work (meant to be night off) and had to stop work :evil::evil:

And the Jap Fest prep begins! :D

Top work mr B, get it now before takes over and kills the car :)

As far as i can see there is only one more patch of rust on car now and thats under the bonnet

Nice work. :)

Aye cheers man im happy with it (probably) :lol::lol:

Nice work, propa job... :D

Oh Ah Oh Ah Proper Job (said in a farmers accent) :lol::lol::lol: cheers mate hopefully will complete today (thursday) [smitten.gif][smitten.gif]

looks good so far bud... are you painting the repairs yourself...????

Possibly my plan is i got the old licence plate surround here so im gonna destroy half and try painting again and see if my blending skills are up to the job

Nice one boss hat man! I don't think I'd dare do that myself so respect to you!

Looks good so far!

Cheers man i bet you would be fine though if you had a go

id be to scared incase i went to far... knowing my luck the filler would fall out before i even got a chance to paint :roll::oops::lol::lol:

yeah as said mr brown... top work ;)

:lol::lol::lol::lol: thing is i just went for it and as for too far :lol: i went as far as clean metal see i used a dremel type grinder (its actually a draper one but same affair) very precise as its so small

Thanks for your comments guys i got no more progress to report as it has been raining all day Damn Weather :lol::lol::lol:

Thanks for your comments guys i got no more progress to report as it has been raining all day Damn Weather :lol::lol::lol:

I'm feeling the same :(

I've got stuff I want to bolt on!

I think the weather had a part to play in why I gave up with mine, so many little jobs to do but too cold and wet to get out there to do them! I'd have yet another VTEC to fettle with as a second car though! But funds and space don't allow :lol: