Illuminations

GreenVTi991

Hi everybody,

Just a few questions on bulbs:

Has anyone tried LED headlight bulbs?

Can you get double wattage LED brake bulbs?

I've read on Halfords website that the LED brake bulbs they sell aren't for road use. Can't understand why as the majority of modern cars have LED rear lights

Daytime running lights: Has anyone fitted these? I drive with my headlights on all the time but have been thinking about fitting these instead wired off the sidelight circuit

And lastly an oddity: My Civic only has a rear foglight on the offside. The nearside cluster is blanked off. Why?

Sorry no personal experience with LED bulbs but have read most people who convert to led are not happy guess if its meant to have LED it will be maufactured to take LED

Sorry for not reallt helping much :lol::lol::lol:

And the blank fog is more than likely money saving lots of companys only put one fog on some even tighter fog on one side and reverse on other (one of each) :evil::evil:

every light in my car is LED expect the headlights and i love them! so much brighter than halogen bulbs but depends what kind of leds you get as they vary hugely. no one has complained about my brake lights being too bright and the rear fog is much brighter than standard :)

Have you changed the front fog lights for LED bulbs? As i have some new fogs that i want to change the Bulbs when i fit them. When i last looked ages ago they seemed like they would be a tight fit.

no i dont have fogs on my car :( looking to get some but dont think id put LED's in them

LED's (SMD style) are usless for anything like foglights, headlights and reverse lights.

The only LED's which work as headlights are those fitted to high end audi's, merc's and a few other premium manufacturers. Philips make them and they are just as bright as hid's.

If you can find cree Q5 bulbs for reversing bulbs they work brilliantly, ive got 2 in my mb6 and you can see loads more than halogen bulbs.

But so far you can't get led's which are bright enough for headlights/foglights