Respraying VTI lip / splitter

vtec2011

I recently picked up a Vti lip for a tenner! :D Chuffed to bits but its silver and my M is burgundy red.. I want to spray it black to go with my black headlight surrounds and black mesh grill. Can you just sand the lip down and spray 2 or 3 coats of gloss paint? I don't want it to go flaky or start cracking over time. Has anyone done this? Thanks for reading, cheers :)

Cool I will pick up some primer tomorrow too :) I never resprayed anything before but its worth a try. Better than paying 80 quid for someone to do it for me :shock:

i would use proper plastic primer too + you need a clear coat to (lacquer)

if you seach on the net you find some good info mate!

As above prep is important give it a good sand intill you p1ssed off with it, when your p1ssed off with sanding it give it another good sand then should be ready. Also primer one day then paint the next or day after

As above prep is important give it a good sand intill you p1ssed off with it, when your p1ssed off with sanding it give it another good sand then should be ready. Also primer one day then paint the next or day after

love the way you explain things!!! brilliant :lol:

love the way you explain things!!! brilliant :lol:

x2 :lol: I have already started sanding it down. I got plastic undercoat and gloss black paint. Should be done and fitted on thursday.. Can't wait!

Its all in the preparation mate :) Take your time and read some guides. I agree that the price of bodyshops are getting higher, and most of the time work getting poorer!

Cheers mate.. I have started sanding it down (sore fingers :roll: ) but it will be all painted and fitted on thursday