Rescuing the MC2. End of one chapter, sold.

Karjis

Driving on ice track is one of the best things to do with our pants on, just snow and ice, no trees or ditches to crash. :lol:

Today miracle happened and I was at the same place at the same time than UPS delivery guy, got my ITR airbox, now I only need a filter for that before installation, but hardest parts are acquired now. ecstatic.gif1

I began to think that I need new winter tires, I have just 4mm thread depth left in front tires and I got massive wheelspin when overtaking last weekend on a bit icy/snowy road. So today I've been checking prices for a set of new winter tires. I really have two candidates now, Nokian Hakkapeliitta 7:s or Continental ContiIceContacts, both are quite pricey but no can do.

I've also thought about Nokian Hakkapeliitta R:s but I'm not a fan of studless winter tires, a bit too slippery on clear ice. Now I'm driving with Hakkapeliitta RSi:s, but those are 7 years old deathtraps.. shrug.gif1

winter tyres? its almost spring :s

Haha, not really, statistically last week was a time when half of winters snowfall is here, lots of snow to come. Maybe spring in southern places :P It has been snowing daily last few days. Official snow depth is today 55 cm, and worst times are coming when snow is melting during days and freezing again during night time. Yesterday I was again using front lip as snow plow to get to my parking spot, it's handy. :lol:

About the filter.. I want to get rid of TSS-Tuning intake, it doesn't fit to my eye at all. Pics about replacement project coming after next weekend, with small weather reservation, if it's freezer cold or snowing heavily I might think again about the timing.

( On Saturday it should be sunny and only -6 degrees.. so building time [smash.gif] )

:o i think in total ive seen about 2 weeks of winter this year, the rest just wet and cold

Well, I'm living in southern finland, this place is 300 miles more north than Glasgow, or a bit more than 600 miles northern than London., so, south. :lol: It's still 400 miles north to arctic circle.. :roll: