White VTIS... suspension sorted

Gilman

Ok folks good news

I have managed to get the 10% discount on the whole package which i think is pretty good.

He also said that if i can get 5 other people to buy coilovers (for any car not just mb) he will make it a 15% group discount! :eek:

Where is the best place to post this so everyone interested can see?

sorry if thats a stupid question but not done this before.

looks good mate the white mb's have always stood out loud and proud

Thanks man. They really do stand out, even the standard ones driven by some old lady.

Maybe cos there aint many white ones around or something.

My one may be the only white VTIS out there, as they were all black and now only about half of them are left still running. 

Group buy for meister coilovers is now avalible in the suspention section, 15% off + free shipping.

5 people are needed for the deal, i am getting some and i think dave is getting some so only need 3 more names. :smile:

• 10 months later...

OK been a long time since i did an update and car has changed quite a lot so about time i did one.

Crapy body kit has come off in favour of original vti-s kit.

Repainted front grill so its all black.

Fitted meister R coilovers, front and rear adjustable camber arms and lower control arms.

Referbished antiroll bars and tie bar and new drop links.

Changed a few dodgey bushes.

Cut all 4 arches to make room for insane lows.

Tegiwa 3point brace, few dress up parts in bay.

Aircon removed.

Full leather interior

New black headlining, black flock on pillers, and sprayed grey plastic matt black.

Head lights referbished and inserts painted black.

Pics up shortly :-P

Few pics of suspention set up.

DSC_0055_zps90613abb.jpg

DSC00637_zps747f5a64.jpg

DSC00667_zps89349467.jpg

DSC00674_zps72276ffe.jpg

You can see my home made exhaust in the last one. Cut the back box off and welded in a straight 2.5inch bit of pipe for some extra noise. Gives it a nice raspy sound and sound mad on vtec crossover, only cost £25. I did have a place called Rtec build me a custom 2.5 inch stainless cat back system that cost £280. But when i had a look it was 2inch and also sounded rubish so got a refund and made them refit old one. My cheap alternative will do for now, untill i have a 3inch front exit.

My hub assembly is off at the moment. One off the problems with going really low is the top camber arm is hitting the inside of the suspention tower. You can see it in the pic

DSC_0068_zps4890b262.jpg

Also the roll center is so far off standerd that the handeling has been slightly sacrificed. So i have ordered some budyclub extended lower ball joints which will put the lower control arm at a better position. Then the arm of the hub which mounts to the top camber arm will have an inch or so cut out and welded back together. This will give my camber adjustable arm the room it needs in the suspention tower and should give the suspention geometry a more standard angle while not sacrificing the ride hight i want.