how long will my MA8's D14A2 engine last (well maintained)

skitzma8

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would just like to know how long my engine will last on my MA8, and how much it would cost to get it pushing 200bhp :)

I can get it pushing 200bhp for a grand.

Swap top end to b18 gsr, then swap bottom end to b18. Job done

Edit: just noticed its your first post

Get and ebay 12 volt electric supercharger, a motorworld cone filter, some ebay fuel magnets, you could be pushing 20 ga-zillion horses for under £100. Ps these horses are the ones normally found in lasagne from supermarkets.

I would just like to know how long my engine will last on my MA8, and how much it would cost to get it pushing 200bhp :)

I can get it pushing 200bhp for a grand.

Swap top end to b18 gsr, then swap bottom end to b18. Job done

Edit: just noticed its your first post

Get and ebay 12 volt electric supercharger, a motorworld cone filter, some ebay fuel magnets, you could be pushing 20 ga-zillion horses for under £100. Ps these horses are the ones normally found in lasagne from supermarkets.

so how many fuel magnet's should i use to get to 250bhp in my b18c4....

Thanks she's on 107k miles at the moment and running like a dream I brought her as a project as I do have the money to get 200 bhp but I want to leave the D14A2 engine in there, I was thinking about buying a D16 vtec head and I'm looking for a turbo kit aswell :lol: I will put some pictures up of her soon its a nice phantom grey ;)

Well it will need money if you want blow d14 upto 200bhp you will have to strip the engine down and rebuild it with uprated internals . If you blow the engine in standard form it will er blow :lol: and the amount of psi the engine would be taking to hit 200 not sure how long the standard engine would last ( not long I would say )

Yes if your after power I think the d14 is best binned.

I've known people to run 250bhp from a stock d16z6 turboed. They are a good strong d engine. Probably the best and can be had dirt cheap.

I sold min for 150 quid with gearbox. Shafts. Everything.