AVOID cwvehicledismantlers

Hondamad1988

Thought I'd make other people aware of what has happened to me recently as alot of people may buy MG stuff from them off ebay.

I bought a full set of MG ZS shocks and springs, and rear anti roll bar from these guys on ebay, I checked the package when it arrived and all looked fine, no leaks from shocks etc and all appeared to be there.

It's taken me a couple of months to get round to fitting them, I fitted the passenger side first no problem, came to fit the drivers side and realized they had sent me two passenger side front shocks!

I messaged them on ebay and they sent me there number to give them a call, they basically flat out refused to send me a drivers side shock.

First they said I would have to send both shocks back which would mean taking the first one fitted back off, which I said was completely and utterly stupid as they would essentially be sending me one back again, then I said I would order another set, and then send two passengers sides back, which I was then told would be 'fraud', then they checked when I purchased them and because it was over 30 days the warranty and guarantee had run out so they would not do anything!

I was gob smacked, any decent company would hold there hands up and apologies, and exchange a passenger side for a drivers side.

I had to leave the call as it was getting know where the man on the phone was obviously just a monkey behind the phone asking his boss questions, total half bake, I asked him if he had even checked the emails I had sent on ebay and apparently that 'wasn't his department' I assume reading was his issue.

I ordered another front set from somewhere else for £45 to get the car finished, they even had the cheek to try and get me to buy another set from them, I going to sit down and think of my next course of action.

Altho the 30 days 'warranty' was up, as far as im concern a warranty is for broken parts, this was simply the wrong side, nothing wrong with the part looks in good nick. The fact they sell them as a 'set' having two passenger sides sent means they must chuck them in a pile off different cars and mix them up, so your not technically getting a set from one car, which is surely false advertising?

Anyone got any ideas or tips for any laws I may have on my side? I bought them on the 31st of Jan, and first complained on the 31st of March

Without wanting this to come across the wrong way but did you not check them when they arrived? I know you'd expect it to be right but it's eBay afterall! Did you pay via PayPal? You could maybe raise a dispute through them? But I do agree they could have tried harder to be more helpful but at the same time you could have put a bit more effort in as well by taking the shock off your car, it's their problem if they want to send the same part back out.

I had a look at them when they arrived, all seemed fine and in good condition, it was only when I came to fit I could see there was two passengers sides, it was advertised as a 'set' a set would be a drivers and passengers side taken from the same car, so hadn't expected anything different. I'd assummed (never good to assume) that they would have had an odd drivers shock or two lying around and noticed something was up. One of the shocks was missing its label were it says L.

Regards to taking the one fitted back off, he could not explain why they couldn't just exchange the one shock. He then asked when I bought them and said they couldn't do anything. I asked why he didn't check this at start of call and apparently eBay and emails wasn't his side of things, essentially if I had of sent both back they would of still told me the warranty was up and I'd of just lost them and postage costs.

I've sent another email to the ebay emails bloke, asking why he asked me to call if they were going to do nothing about it.

Lesson learned on my part, dont buy parts and leave them two months before fitting.

Ill look into PayPal protection, if all else fails ill try and sell on the two passengers sides, as passengers sides.

I'd go through PayPal then and see what they say, shame really because I got mine from them and had no issues, but yours isn't the only story we've seen about these.

I've heard good and bad reports from these people all the time! Luck of the draw really :(

x2, I feel for you though mate, as it seems if you get a good set with no problems then all's fine but if you encounter any problems then their customer service is non-existent. :(

As Krzys said, try a paypal dispute.

I've heard good and bad reports from these people all the time! Luck of the draw really :(

x2, I feel for you though mate, as it seems if you get a good set with no problems then all's fine but if you encounter any problems then their customer service is non-existent. :(

As Krzys said, try a paypal dispute.

I'd be interested to see what they would have said if it was within the 30 days, that's the biggest problem is because it's outside of their warranty they don't feel any obligation, but then trading standards would probably argue that it's not as described (being two N/S parts instead of a correct pair) :idea::?: