Where is the gearbox code located?

vtec2011

Alright fellas :D Just asking for help here and I will soon be asking for more help... I had the D16 gearbox in my MB3 for a while now and I could never find the code. All I know the gearbox has came out of a EM1 shape Civic ( 1999 3 door Coupe) Many thanks ;)

It's stamped into the gearbox, at the front, if you look down and to the left of the engine code you should find it.

:? It's actually a sticker on the gearbox but it is where I thought it was. :)

Thanks for the replys people :D I looked at the gearbox today and I couldn't find no number. But as Nick said there is a sticker? I looked on Civiclife and someone said some of them had the code ingraved around the oil drain area... so I will have another look soon. If your wondering why I'm looking for the code, I want to see if the input shaft bearings will fit the original gearbox for my MB3. If I can fix the original gearbox the car wont have to scream 4000rpm doing 70mph in 5th gear :lol: Will save loads of fuel too ;) The gearbox on my Civic now the ratios are far too short...

Yes Jake, I will be dismantling both gearboxes to try and swap the bearings around (That's if they're the same, hopefully...) I repaired a few gearboxes before but I have NEVER stripped down a Honda gearbox. I dunno what they're like but it should be fun :?

Is this the barcode sticker on the far left which tells you the model of the gearbox?

2013-05-04152048.jpg

Yeah where gearbox mount is if its there.

in amidst my gearbox woes we pulled a couple of boxes apart. Was easy enough. 17 bolts odd and couple of circlips etc.

unfortunately the resulting working box absolutely smashed the input bearing by the time I got home. Just fell to bits.

not sure if it was ready to go anyway or we f**ked it up???