Jarmin's Civic Sport MB2 on a tight budget!

Guest jarmin

Firstly a quick pic of my car as it is today......

0dd2ba97-50ae-46c1-acb5-e28db702a906_zpsa8d658d6.jpg

Its completely standard at the moment apart from the stereo which i'll get to in a minute. A few mods planned when I can find the time.

Managed to install the front component speakers at work yesterday. Actually turned out to be pretty easy.

Here's a pic of a door with the door card off! Note the MG tweeter panels they look super tidy.

20130512_125736_zps58959465.jpg

And here's a pic of a speaker hole!

20130512_125728_zpsbb567620.jpg

Now I have to apologise cos I forgot to take any more photos of installing the speakers! Kinda got into a zone where everything seemed to be going right for once! I stuck a fair bit of antivibe in the doors and also on the mdf baffle which I screwed and glued to the door. That won't be moving any time soon!

The door cards will be coming off again in the next couple of weeks so I can re trim them. I shall get some more photos then.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Little bit of an audio nut! Not fussed about super loud but it has to sound good otherwise whats the point!! The stock speakers are just awful. Got some JBL CS-6c components up front now and I have to say for the price (£35) they are pretty decent speakers. A little bright sounding but nothing a bit of EQ can't sort out. Obviously having the tweeters closer to my ears now affects this so just a case of getting used to it. Saying all that they will probably be upgraded sooner rather than later!

The thing I'm most impressed with is the antivibe. I was a bit sceptical of this stuff but it has made a huge difference by getting rid of lots of vibrations and rattles

Will definitely be adding a small sub at the end of the month either 8" or 10" with a custom box to go where the cd changer used to be. Kind of curved over the wheel arch so I don't lose any boot space. Not sure whether to ditch the rear speakers or not at the moment.

Little bit of an audio nut! Not fussed about super loud but it has to sound good otherwise whats the point!! The stock speakers are just awful. Got some JBL CS-6c components up front now and I have to say for the price (£35) they are pretty decent speakers. A little bright sounding but nothing a bit of EQ can't sort out. Obviously having the tweeters closer to my ears now affects this so just a case of getting used to it. Saying all that they will probably be upgraded sooner rather than later!

The thing I'm most impressed with is the antivibe. I was a bit sceptical of this stuff but it has made a huge difference by getting rid of lots of vibrations and rattles

Will definitely be adding a small sub at the end of the month either 8" or 10" with a custom box to go where the cd changer used to be. Kind of curved over the wheel arch so I don't lose any boot space. Not sure whether to ditch the rear speakers or not at the moment.

There is a guy on here, i forget his name but he has made a custom box to fit over the arch and someone at JapFest said he is selling them for £60. Its the guy who has made his own Mugen Rep grill.

I was about to mention the same custom box as well! :lol:

Looks a good base and will be interesting to see how the audio install goes in the long run! :D

• 3 weeks later...

Got a FLI Trap active 10 in the boot now! Bit of an eyesore but it cost me a bargain £45 with a free wiring kit! You gotta love fleabay! Might have to paint it or something though....can you wrap over carpet?!?! ;)
20130606_154256_zps6ed652f9.jpg

Do excuse the rest of the s**te but my boot is rather full at the moment!

Just swapped my head unit for a Sony mex bt2700 with a guy at work who was selling his car. Huge improvement and now have high pass filters as well. Had a bit of a problem after plugging the RCA cables in, no matter how much I wiggled the wires about I couldn't get the head unit to go all the way in. Got annoyed and impatient, drove to maplin and bought some right angle plug adapters, problem solved!

Wasn't sure wether to have rear speakers at all to begin with but I've made my mind up and will put some new ones in! Probably some more cheapo JBL jobbies...

Oh and I put a cone air filter on. It makes a nice noise!
20130606_154130_zps2a7f0abd.jpg

Thinking about carbon wrap on the front and rear Honda logos whilst taking the other badges off. Maybe wrap the whole front grill....anything cheap really! :lol:

Guest jarmin

Got an exhaust trim off a new jaguar at work today.  Replaced the whole system for a customer so I kept bits of the old one.  Looks much better than the standard pea shooter sticking out the back!!

20130606_154312_zpsb97d8e02.jpg

Mmmmmm shiny!