Rust prevention?

Ahh i see. Yeah I got drain holes in Me doors. Defo no drain holes in sill into inner arch area tho.

only that flap at the back for airflow.

but yeah I get what ya sayin

I will do the insides I moved some of the carpet in the boot today to have a look at the pannel above and around the wheel arches I carnt see any rust anywhere but I'm going to wax oil it anyway but I'm not going to go mad with the stuff, the only bit of rust I have on my car is around where the bonnet hinges sit each side so ill put abit around that aswell just to protect it abit :)

Ahh i see. Yeah I got drain holes in Me doors. Defo no drain holes in sill into inner arch area tho.

only that flap at the back for airflow.

but yeah I get what ya sayin

they're not holes as such on the arches and sills more so channels between the panels here this is only a quickly googled picture loos like its a short sill panel from a transit van but you can see the channels in the panel :P

KGrHqRHJEUE-kN2O759BPr7tjJgYw60_35_zps67d16d1e.jpg

Interesting.

yes holes from sill to outside.

no Honda I've owned and I've had my share has holes or channels in the inner arch that will get blocked if treated.

that's probably one good reason they do rust.

But anyway. Who cares.

I m bailing on this thread. Sure he's got a good idea what to do with his car now

haha bellend, i have many years experience ripping panels from cars and have removed and refitted 1000s sills, quarters, wings, roofs, inner sills, inner arches, inner wings, even shelled a land rover disco, and fitted a quarter of one tranny van to 3 quarters of another for gypsies and you know what every single car ive worked on has had its own adaptation of this drainage/breather system built in, might not know what im talking about mechanical wise but bodywork is one thing i do know, and next time YOU remove and refit a sill or a quater panel you will see these "so called" drain holes.

lol im bailing on this thread before i look less knowledgeable than someone else haha

• 1 year later...

Waxoil is very good just make sure you spend time removing any surface rust and give the underside a good clean before applying but also i would use a stonechip/rubber based paint for the impact areas such as arches as this will give better protection than just waxoiling the whole underside of the car :)

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...