new member :) proud owner of a mb6 :)

lee allen

hi guys jus got the car back this evening after 3 days and honestly felt like 3 months lol

its running like a dream :) 

de cat pipe mad some difference lol  NOISEE

done a few wee bits and pieces like vtis dials new honda badge on the steering wheel and the badge on the front sprayed red

up next is the mani im going for the 2.5 inch collecter  

as for the wheels i dont think ill get them now as i dont want to roll the arches and all that :( but i still love them maybe in the future :)

as for the brakes they are brilliant !!!!! 

turn

pics to follow very soon ;)

thanks for all the comments everyone im happy with the way the car is turning out as it is my first time modding a car :)

Do you know what size the cat back system is? 2.5" seems to be the agreed optimum size! 2" is still decent though, depends what you want long term though in terms of mods and performance!  

I think 2.5" might be slightly oversized for our 170hp b18c4's. The reason is you might not get optimum power and/or torque because if the pipe is too big, you lose backpressure, and the exhausts won't exit the system as fast as they could. I know many people are running 2.5" exhausts and are very satisfied with them, this is just based on my research here on civic5 and elsewhere as well. I've still got stock but will try out a compromise 2.5" mani/cat to 2.25" pipe probably next year.

I dunno. Mine is definitely quicker (so the bum dyno tels me) at the top end of the rev range. :)

I'm sure it's better with a 2.5", but i think it might be even a wee bit faster with "only" 2.25" :smile:

Definitely a hard call mani size. I did a lot of research on the subject and learnt 2.5 is a good thing allowing more flow while gases are hot. A slight decrease in diameter at say mid pipe or rear will increase the speed of the cooler gases like a venturi.

I based my choice on that and went 2.5".

But you definitely seem to loose low end torque.

Yeah looks good mate!!

I put blue LED's in my sidelights but thought i wont get away with them if i drive with just sidelights on... But they look ok with headlights on as they tone the colour down alot!!! So i took them out... But who needs to drive on sidelights, i can just use headlights to drive with and put normal bulbs in for mot!

Thanks for the encouragement!! Im going for it, blue with mine! :)

Definitely a hard call mani size. I did a lot of research on the subject and learnt 2.5 is a good thing allowing more flow while gases are hot. A slight decrease in diameter at say mid pipe or rear will increase the speed of the cooler gases like a venturi.

I based my choice on that and went 2.5".

But you definitely seem to loose low end torque.

oh my days. just realised i spend far too much time on google and am becoming a proper geeeeeeek!

should have said. yeah 2.5 is good!