VTi-S MB6 project. Turbo fitted

darthcrab

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some good work man. You defo made it sound easy. So has it been tuned or has map just come off a different turbo b18??

It was mapped to another B18c4 and all the bits, I bought and put on to this. so yes its mapped but not to my personal B18c4. 

It does need to be mapped, just to be 100% sure it wont fail or melt a piston. 

I have heard a few pops from exhaust, but not whitnessed flames yet lol. and bumper doesnt look like its been on fire haha.

I found it easy enough, as I work on cars all day anyway, so it's hard to say what it would be like for a novice, but in my opinion, the kit I got with all the bits that required no messing about, if your able to do brakes and change and exhausts and have half a clue, this is doable. 

I'm looking to turbo my car when the tax runs out for the winter. Quite inspiring done and running in a couple of days.I was going to start buying bits and bobs, but now think I will just save and buy a used kit like yours and adjust to suit my requirments.

good stuff tho man, bet it shifts a bit

Ahh yeah, totally forgot about mentioning that. Right now I dont have one. The standard one is HUGE. So need to work out how im going to do it. Might relocate a smaller one in the boot. Or where the airbox was. Not sure yet.

It does go well, my bros ep3 was just a joke lol. Nothing else really has been around to play with. Which I guess is a good thing.