anyone had a full respray done

gary1mc

as above guys have you resprayed your car or know someone who has ?

ive been searching everywhere for a rough price as a guide for a color change as i know every car is different to paint  but im seeing prices from £500-£3500  :eek:  i cant imagine it being that cheap or that expensive any input welcome 

Hard one to pin a price too Gary mate, seems that places charge all different prices! I'm trying to find a reputable place for to get a full respray done on DAwns deck and my mb6. Kinda wary though as it's hard to find out reps for these places

Price can depend on a lot of factors.  I've had one of my old cars changed from Blue to gunmetal but I did all the prep, stripped all the windows and trim and delivered the shell to them.  They fitted a few new panels (front wings and bonnet) and aligned them and resprayed the entire car for £800 cash.  I refitted the windows and body trim.

I'm looking to have my deck resprayed inside and out for a colour change, have one rear wing replaced and new sills fitted.  Quote so far for the wing, inside and sills is £1000. As the body shop will be crawling over a roll cage and getting into all the little areas I think this is a good price. They will need to see the rest of the car to give me a firm price for all as there are loads of little dents and knocks I want taken out of it but I'm expecting a quote of £2000 easy.  Mine will literally be a bare shell on rollers to get that price and I will rebuild it when it comes back.  The more work you can do the cheaper it gets and if you can strip all the little trim bits not only will it save money and chance of any overspray which is my biggest bug bear when spraying any car - I see it and wonder if it's been in an accident or just been botched lol

I had my EK4 resprayed, full body!

Went from Frost White to Championship White, so had both sides of the bonnet, both sides of the doors and tailgate, then the door shuts, slam panel, inside the boot etc. Only place that didn't see fresh paint was the engine bay and it still cost £2500 even with me gutting the interior to save on labour!

Came with a three year guarantee though!

thanks for the replies guys it seems the price for a full spray is genuinely all over the place depending on area and how much prep your prepared to do yourself  :-?

also trying to find someone reputable is a nightmare i do use a guy for (smart repairs) and have been for many years but he wont do it because he has no oven and cant recommend anyone he'd be happy to send me to so im back at square 1  :evil:

Hard one to pin a price too Gary mate, seems that places charge all different prices! I'm trying to find a reputable place for to get a full respray done on DAwns deck and my mb6. Kinda wary though as it's hard to find out reps for these places

boss if you find anyone your happy to take any of your two beauties to let me know if its good enough for yours its certainly good enough for mine  :lol:

thanks for the replies guys it seems the price for a full spray is genuinely all over the place depending on area and how much prep your prepared to do yourself  :-?

also trying to find someone reputable is a nightmare i do use a guy for (smart repairs) and have been for many years but he wont do it because he has no oven and cant recommend anyone he'd be happy to send me to so im back at square 1  :evil:

boss if you find anyone your happy to take any of your two beauties to let me know if its good enough for yours its certainly good enough for mine  :lol:

test

I know it's a bit of a ball ache but have you considered travelling a bit for it?

I have thought about it but its bad enough trying to find someone in your own town never mind elsewhere