Maz's Silver MB2 Project... SOLD SOLD SOLD!!! :(

ammarbm

Think I'm going to get some shares in aerosols :-)

Nice work dude

Cheers mate. Definitely go for it. Freshens things up nicely ;)

Great work matey!! Looking forward to seeing it done!

You could have seen it mate. I was at japfest on Civic5 stand lol :)

Superb. :-)

Thanks Mr. Unicycling glad you liked it :)

Good work, looks to have come out well too, although I didn't see much of the front of your car at fest, the pic MrB put up looks good. :)

Thanks mate. I didn't get a chance to speak to you either. Got mixed in the crowd I guess lol.

And finally the rear lip. A tragic story lol. The first thing I started spraying.

20140418_152027.jpg

£9.54 for a 400ml color coded aerosol spray can not too bad

20140418_171419.jpg

All ready for spraying

20140418_152048.jpg

20140418_170426.jpg

Plastic primer applied

20140418_173551.jpg

20140418_181345.jpg

It was fine when I sprayed the color on it

20140419_191537.jpg

But I sprayed the lacquer too close and it went funny

20140421_092508.jpg

20140421_143115.jpg

So I rubbed it down with a scuffing pad and did one more layer of color and then 3 layers of lacquer and it turned out nicely

20140507_191558.jpg

Then the tragedy. As I was rushing to fit it the night before japfest and it was 11.30 at night when I finally managed to fit my rear bumper I just used some uni bond no more nails stuff and some double sided tape and one screw on each side to fit the rear lip. However as it was raining in morning when I stopped at services to meet Matt I found out the double sided tape had come off at the bottom but it was still holding on at the sides so I thought it will be fine till i get to japfest but when I got there I found out it had fell off on m5 :(. A couple of members confirmed this as well seeing a few cars drive over it so all that effort gone down the drain :(. I am looking for another one now so hopefully I will find it soon.

Thanks mate. I didn't get a chance to speak to you either. Got mixed in the crowd I guess lol.

I was the little fella with Mr B and Krzys, I don't think we got properly introduced though. 

It is a shame about the rear lip but as above nothing you can do now, on to the next one.

• Like 2

Was a shame about the rear lip! But it's happened now so no point in dwelling on it, I'm sure you'll find another!

Yeah I know I am over it now that I have lost it but still needed to update the thread lol

I was the little fella with Mr B and Krzys, I don't think we got properly introduced though. 

It is a shame about the rear lip but as above nothing you can do now, on to the next one.

Yeah I was looking at you thinking this must be Nick lol.. You were wearing glasses also right?

The hunt for the next rear lip is already on lol :D

Yeah I was looking at you thinking this must be Nick lol.. You were wearing glasses also right?

The hunt for the next rear lip is already on lol :D

That's me yep. :)

• Like 1