MB6 Progress

KieranEG6

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice build mate, just had to laugh to myself was looking at my car tonight thinking, its looking just right, sitting nice and level then just read this and remembered just filled up and got another alloy in the boot as well as my spare...damn! Have to get the c spanner out after all, im like you hate it if not sitting right :(

That hesitation could be your ignition timings a bit off since you changed dizzy.

I had exactly the same when I replaced mine. Slight adjustment and all was well

• 1 month later...

Little update. Can't stand crappy rocker covers. So painted up a spare one I had. 

Before.

DSC_1735_zps018949d4.jpg

DSC_1733_zpsbebb46f7.jpg

After.

DSC_1736_zpsb5bfd172.jpg

Is like night and Day. Just need a new manifold and a god bay clean to finish off. 

That hesitation could be your ignition timings a bit off since you changed dizzy.
I had exactly the same when I replaced mine. Slight adjustment and all was well

Tried adjusting but no joy. Threw the old one back on and its fine again. Must be a d**ky ign coil. 

May have a change of plan. I was hoping to keep the MB6 as I Love having rear doors and a big boot. 

DSC_1748_zpsbdb2fa6c.jpg

But unfortunately someone has just offered me a DC2 for my MB and £1300. DC2 Has cat back, Apexi ECU, W hand controller and just been remapped. He is struggling to afford the insurance (only 20). I just don't think I can pass on it. The ITR does have a few little niggles like 120k, not great red recaros, and tiny rust bubble on each rear arch. 

Was so good to be true. After further inspection car had a bit more rust than I thought. Also he wanted bit more money than at first. If im going to get a DC2 to keep it will have to me a minter either than or I would look for a mint EK9 instead.

Oh well, I didn't really want to let go of the MB anyways and He wanted too much cash for the car out right.