silly engine!

mrbrightside

Right, so I passed my test last week, just getting the old girl ready for the mot and it has started to develope its faults.

iv the one I cannot work out is, when the engine gets hot, it starts to struggle on idle I.e the idle speed keeps jumping from 2k to 1k like a rally car and sounds like its going to cut out, but only when it gets to temperature, anyone know of this fault with a d14a8 engine?

thanks

• Like 1

Thanks very much guys! Im just desperate to get the car going now!

wouldnt the o2 sensor put the eml on the dash? I havent got any lights on, im being told by a mechanic that it might be the idle air control valve or one of the vacuum lines around that area? Is that something anyone has heard of?

Thanks very much guys! Im just desperate to get the car going now!

wouldnt the o2 sensor put the eml on the dash? I havent got any lights on, im being told by a mechanic that it might be the idle air control valve or one of the vacuum lines around that area? Is that something anyone has heard of?

you don't always get a eml on for o2 i didn't a lot of others didn't either :wink:

I have had sooooo many faults with my b series over the years. And personally I think the o2 sensor wouldn't cause this fault. Id be looking at iacv or fitv depending on your engine as I'm not familiar.

failing that throttle position sensor can also cause these problems.

Likely iacv if the cars been standing a long time tho.