**Matts MB3** THE END :(

MB3Matt

Just don't open it when you've just driven it! Check it before you start the car from cold! :)

Checked it this morning, but was too dark to tell, but the expansion bottle is totally empty, so I'll fill that tonight, might have to pick up a new fan as it definitely isn't working.

Checked it this morning, but was too dark to tell, but the expansion bottle is totally empty, so I'll fill that tonight, might have to pick up a new fan as it definitely isn't working.

Fill your expansion tank, pure water will be fine for the short term, see how you get on and check the level once a day say while you're using the car and top up as needed, the fan will only switch on when water passing the switch reaches a certain temperature, but if the hot water isn't getting to it (because the thermostat is closed and not letting it flow through) then the fan simply won't come on at all!

• Like 1

Fill your expansion tank, pure water will be fine for the short term, see how you get on and check the level once a day say while you're using the car and top up as needed, the fan will only switch on when water passing the switch reaches a certain temperature, but if the hot water isn't getting to it (because the thermostat is closed and not letting it flow through) then the fan simply won't come on at all!

Ah, I shall get it filled up tonight, might have to leave the thermostat for a while as I've already spent a fair wedge of next months wages on the car!

Holy s**t that was one empty rad and tank. Emptied a full kettle of water into them. Worried that this means I've got a leak somewhere :(

Did you run it to bleed it and make sure it's going round the system?