Calster's MC1 'Wolf'

Calster17

I though it was maybe due to being older, I took the lap belt & buckle from it as well(but not fitted), I also took the front strut brace, but it was't until I got home I remembered i'd have to drill holes and then fit them...so just not bothered to do anything with it yet(may just get a universal one that i bolt onto the suspension tops)

I got the door cards as well, and that's the job for two weekends time. The current trim on my cards are a bit drab as it is(can see in the picture in my last post), buts being held in place with glue...

Tempted to go and get the steering wheel from a ZS to be my next part for the inside, 

I found out about swaps people had done when I was researching my car(I did the research after i'd bought the car on impulse at auction...), would love to do it as I like my rovers. I'm guessing it would't be too much work, wings, bumper, lights, bonnet, etc, but really cant make my mind up, as I like the M civic's style as well! ('m bad for making choices)

I though it was photoshops at first but apparently not., pre-facelift 45  & facelifted. Pictures of a Gold one with the MG grill/bumper are kicking about as well. 

Looks really cool with the wheels and now lowered mate! Interior was a bargain, and looks mint. Regarding the Rover "decks", they were never produced by Rover (no funds as usual) so the ones you see were created from Honda Civic Aerodeck shells, which a few Rover workers bought for themselves. They did the front end swap, same as you're thinking of. You'd need to replace the whole front end, including the front panel and slam panel, along with the other bits you mentioned. Lot of work, but can be done. Personally, I prefer the look of the civic to the rover/mg, but each to their own. Thats the beauty of the M's, you can have a free reign on the styling, as they're not restricted to one particular style of modding (unlike other civics, which tend to be JDM only or get laughed at/scorned!) so the skys the limit!

• Like 3

MGZS would definitely be the one to do, if you're going to do it. Prefer the civic front my self.

As Dave said if you need to swap the slam panel and front panel that is going to be quite a lot of work.

With the MG/R front end, really going to think on it. But in the end I can see I'll give up as too much effort or something....

I'm having to put plans on hold for now though, as the MoT came about sooner than i expected(got my insurance & MoT dates mixed up), so never had time to sort things. Everything thats come up I expected, and can easy sort myself, other than the dreaded SRS warning light(forgot all about it, as been on since I got the car) is the problem...thankfully getting it looked at tomorrow and hoping its an easy fix.....so fingers crossed!

Thanks for the link! Typically(and sadly) I saw it after I got it sorted at a garage.  :oops:  Least I know for if I comes on again! 

But the good news is that the SRS light is now finally out, first time ever since I've owned her! Ordered the rest of the parts today and managed to get Monday & Tuesday off as holidays, so if all go's to plan then should be fighting fit by Tuesday. If not, then I have to buy a cheap car and use that until I get 'Wolf' her MoT. (crazy, I'm cheaper buying another car and insuring it than I am getting added to my mums insurance!)

Once I know she's fine for another year, can plan the next lot of changes!  8-)

• 3 weeks later...

Thankfully 'wolfs' passed the MoT now, and not quick enough! Been driving an old Clio for past two weeks, and jumping back into the civic for the drive to the garage was unreal!(in a good way!). Sadly I'm in Edinburgh this week so can't get to see her again till then. :cry: 

When I got the new cat on, had a good look under the car and seen how well it looked...until i got to the down pipe I fitted a few months back, which now has ridges grooved into it thanks to scraping on bumps and beaching it on a jet wash bay.  :???: The sump also has a huge dent in it which is't from scraping(no scratches, also not low enough), so going to see about getting a custom down pipe made that doesn't sit so low down if possible. Or just raise the car, which I'm tempted to do for winter.

Now I know that it's legal again, ordered some new parts. Yellow head light tint & some stickers, as well as some T-cut!  8-)

• 1 month later...

Just a small update...

943026_10151992856981132_894855573_n.jpg

Finally got round to putting them on.  :smile: Only cover the headlights, decided to leave the indicators untouched as was't sure how it'd effect them. 

Also after fixing my exhaust for the MOT last month...i went and managed to scrape it off a huge speed bump, and now I'm back to where i was sound wise for the exhaust, as well as setting the engine management light off again.  :roll: Think it's time to raise it before the winter comes...