Calster's MC1 'Wolf'

Calster17

I've gotten used to the exhaust always having a problem to the point I'm not going to bother to fix it unless i get a hole in it again or i scrape the thing off. Going to see if i can get a custom system made some time in the next year, one where the down pipe doesn't sit so low(sits lower than the sum, and only thing that's scraping on speedbumps)

That's part of the problem(hear it on the longer bumps), but the down pipe is the worst of the two...doesn't help it sits a good few centimeter or two lower than anything else. I'll get round to sorting it in the new year though, .

With that said, I'm going to get all the belts done soon I've decided, as car only has service history for the first 3 years of it's life(31k miles), just to play safe as dont think they've ever been done. As well as touch up a few other things at the same time.

Luckily I don't have to worry about not having the car on the road asap, thanks to the Clio I bought to cover the down time for getting the Civic MoT ready has just been taxed for another 6 months, so hopefully everything go's smoothly.  :smile:

• 3 months later...

It's been awhile since I last posted both here & on the forum, all was fine until...

1920607_10152204798986132_719049140_n.jp

Last Thursday at on my way home from work at around 3:45am, came round a corner and was a badger in the middle of the road, tryed to swerve round it and ended up hitting a big rock/ditch causing this. Had to drive about a half mile down the road until I came to the junction for the main road for some light for changing the tyre. Thankfully I'd checked all the tyres 2 weeks prior so the spare was fine to use and the worst part was the fact it was raining. 

Sadly the tyre has a good amount of tread on it, I'm getting a replacement alloy as when asking friends & workmates, all recommended that considering the price of the alloy and how much it'd be to repair it was the best option. 

For the time being I'm just using 3 of the original alloys and the spare wheel. 

So although I'm £150 lighter now, I don't want to think how much it'd have been if i'd just hit the badger. The good news is everything else is fine on the car! 

Next thing to do is a new timing belt, which I'll get when I hit the 100k mark!  8-) (1894 miles away!) 

I'd had worse splattered on the front of the car.(never park your car at a friends farm! lol ) But remember what a pheasant did to the front of my dads old Volvo 840, don't want to think what a badger would have done to the civic! 

The rear alloy is damaged as well, but just looks like it has been massively kerbed, so going to see about maybe getting it sorted it the price is right!

I aim to hit nothing if I can help it...working night's is't great for that though! 

With me hitting the 100k mark im hoping to get as much done to it as I can. So getting new front brakes, all the belts(don't know if they've ever been done...), sort out the squeaking noise(think its a CV joint, but not 100%) as well to deal with!  Then may go for the big one if all is well later in the year...the MG front end!  :blink: