Calster's MC1 'Wolf'

Calster17

Looks much better mate, nightmare trying to get them level, that noise might be wheel rubbing on inner arch , mine used to do that

Didn't sound like rubbing, also re-tryed the same turn a bit later but going at about 5mph and sounded fine. So going to take another look.

On a proper drive it was acting fine, feel the bumps now but handling's improved enough to overlook that(for now at least).  Going to be raising it by Friday as was reminded the Speyside Rally was on, and I don't fancy getting stuck on a forrest track on the way to the carpark...

finally found the thread on this deck! saw it at the big tsg meet in portlethan and was looking nice, wish you had the coilovers on by then!

I saw an MB there and kept meaning to see if someone on here owned it, you've answered that question! 8-)  Loved yours, was good seeing how a lowered one would look in the metal, as well as the yellow headlight tints!(been meaning to do that to every car I've owned!)

The car's handled the last week for work fine, been great to see the huge difference the coilovers make to the handling, feels like it's planted to the road now!  :smile:

Had to remove the front mud flaps though, turns out they were scraping off the ground in hard cornering! So happy it was't anything major.

My original front plate was looking a bit drab, and a bird flying in front of the car never helped it look any better, so got a set of Pressed plates...

1005787_10151725168236132_1495116242_n.j

Only have a picture of the rear one.

Had a few friends comment if there legal or not, so still carrying the originals in the boot just in case. 

LOL the front plate was the first thing i noticed in the first post (how tatty it looked) silly things like that make a big difference..

Your deck is looking sweet mate love what you done so far (except the vinyl but as you said not to everones taste) looking forward to reading up on the progress

cheers man! yeah all m's look better slammed.

plates will tidy up the front nicely!

around here you shouldn't have any problems with those plates, a few of my mates have pressed plates on their dubs and have had no hassle

• 1 month later...

Got a few things that'll be getting added soon, finally getting round to fixing/replacing parts i really should have done a while ago, and with it's MOT next month(If i can find my V5 anyway).

Finally getting yellow headlamp wrap, been thinking on it for awhile and after seeing Fyfie5's a few weeks back with the lights on at night has settled it.

Also going to try for a wire mesh grill, there's a few M style civics at my local scrappy last time I was round so decided to give it a crack!(not sure if to keep the chrome edge though).

Still on the hunt for leather seats from a ZS/45, although may go for some from a Honda Type-R if I come across any(more interested in the drivers seat more than anything).

My front brakes are also on there way out, so wanting to get something with a bite to them once I've had a proper look at the disk's, then pick between replacing disk's & pads or just pads. 

One thing I keep meaning to do is get the exhaust at its proper height, when i fitted the new one I slapped it on as wanted it done quickly as the sound was driving me crazy! Was't a problem until I lowered it, and can see it hangs much lower than it should!(leading to scraping...and beaching it on a raised drain at a jet wash bay...) 

Heres hoping next time all the above will have been done.  :smile:

And here's a much better picture of the car for the record...

1237029_10151833299851132_483779538_n.jp