89 Honda Accord has gone :/

VTISmichael

Got the flange done so soon as the weather permits unless i can convince my boss to let me use the factory on a sunday it will have to wait.

Been looking at doing a civic for the civic cup but after really researching it there is alot of cost involved even before ive done a race but i deffo want to do a full stripped out civic for the track hopefully ill start that next year after i sort my garage eeeerrr i mean house out!

Got the flange done so soon as the weather permits unless i can convince my boss to let me use the factory on a sunday it will have to wait.

Been looking at doing a civic for the civic cup but after really researching it there is alot of cost involved even before ive done a race but i deffo want to do a full stripped out civic for the track hopefully ill start that next year after i sort my garage eeeerrr i mean house out!

Civic Cup does look like a lot of fun but if you have the money to put into it too! 

I think there's a place that will let you hire a Civic to take part in a race and they provide support for the day too! So you just show up and rag the t1ts off it! 8-)

Could be a good and cheap-ish way of finding out more and deciding if you really want to get involved!

• Like 1

yes krzys i think i did read that but thats not that cheap either on a yearly basis, the joining fee and year membership is £130 and the course u have to go on is £545 so thats £700 already but i spose for motorsport it is cheap lol

i just want to bulid a stripped out civic i can rag the hell out of and go really fast in :D

yes krzys i think i did read that but thats not that cheap either on a yearly basis, the joining fee and year membership is £130 and the course u have to go on is £545 so thats £700 already but i spose for motorsport it is cheap lol

i just want to bulid a stripped out civic i can rag the hell out of and go really fast in :D

I say it's cheap because you won't have to maintain it but yeah £700 is a lot to fork out of anybody's money!  

It's just the initial outlay as I bet interim servicing etc wouldn't cost loads!

• 2 weeks later...

mine are ok in the dry but they are down to about 2mm so when the snow comes im b****red lol doesnt help that 1 is over 13 years old and the other 10 years old!!

On monday i flushed the carb out with the cleaner, left it 10 mins then tried to start it, it really struggled but eventully did with a huge cloud of blue smoke !

Its a tiny bit better now.

No i decided just to spray it in and leave it for a bit, then when it turned over and didnt start i left it a bit more and eventully it started! You think i should do it running ?

I did struggle to start so it might not work and kill the engine or even make carb flames lol