89 Honda Accord has gone :/

VTISmichael

You may be able to help the window. With a little silicone grease in the runners. Definately helped on my old mb. Often the mechanism bolts are loose too which doesn't help.

The clunk I think is normal as these cars get old. My eg driver door does it too.

Wow went into tesco after work, was waiting for a car to come out a space and i look down to see the temp mater in the red, as i park its started boiling and theres coolant everywhere! so left it for 15 mins till it cool and made my way home, all the way there it was on the red, so i had the heating on and i popped the bonnet! I know slighty dodgy but it needed air! As i was pulling into my drive SMOKE started coming out so i turned her off quick!

That was oil smoke that was coming out! i think the fan doesnt work, i dont remember hearing it come on...

Wow went into tesco after work, was waiting for a car to come out a space and i look down to see the temp mater in the red, as i park its started boiling and theres coolant everywhere! so left it for 15 mins till it cool and made my way home, all the way there it was on the red, so i had the heating on and i popped the bonnet! I know slighty dodgy but it needed air! As i was pulling into my drive SMOKE started coming out so i turned her off quick!

That was oil smoke that was coming out! i think the fan doesnt work, i dont remember hearing it come on...

If the thermostat has died the fan won't come on either so could be that! 

Changed the distributor cap and no better, i can see the level on the side of the carb and its half way. Only thing i can think is the carb is dirty. Any thoughts ?

Try some carb cleaner, if you get some redex, you can chuck half a bottle of it straight down the air intake, make sure you have it running on a fast idle or just open the throttle by hand, she'll pop and bang and maybe even smoke a bit (white) but it made a night and day difference!  

I've just replaced the HT leads on mine and a funny "kangaroo" trick it was doing has stopped!

Started the car on sat and seemed fine till i drove about 2 miles and it started going up again so i pulled over and the rad was still cold so it was the thermostat! After phoning around and finding a part place that had 1. Limped it to a tesco petrol garage and decided to get a taxi to get the part and picked up oil too. Too add more pain to my morning it started raining grr was getting annoyed now. Let the guys in the garage know i was broken down and just going to sort it out. As i had tools in car i changed it there and then under the garage and hey presto she was saved lol

Did a coolant and oil change later on but as i was underneth doing the oil plug up i noticed a CV boot ripped :roll::evil: