89 Honda Accord has gone :/

VTISmichael

Hello all, im back with a honda! its been awhile since ive been on here but i did sell my vtis over 6 months ago. I now have have a rare find 1989 honda accord 2.0L, 1 owner from new, 80k miles, always been garaged, no rust! Its beige colour with brown interior lol The whole car is mint, the car wasnt used much as the last 4 MOT's it had only done 1000 miles! and i got it for a bargain too :D

Plans are to:

-sort the miss timing out - bought a new distibutor cap, rotor arm and leads

-change the original headunit

-replace the original broken paper speakers

-build an exhaust system

-build together a coilover set

-buy some slick wheels

KGrHqNmEFGw5e6u4BR0S0d-8w60_57.jpg
T2eC16VEE9s2ugivTBR0RHNFLg60_57.jpg
T2eC16V8E9s4l7eBR0WYciqw60_57.jpg
T2eC16hE9s2fDHvBR0jk1o60_57.jpg
T2eC16FzcE9s4g0uVlBR0ZUff060_57.jpg

Retro cool!!! Welcome back mate, good to see you back in a Honda! Thats a mega sweet find, looks all original too! Looking forward to see where you go with this, bags of potential there! 8-) 8-)

Nice one mate, looks mint, speaking of which did you find a tin of mints or maybe werther's originals in the glovebox?? ;)

This is now the second Accord of that era on the forum, plus Simpo's 4g Civic, there's definitely a big retro movement happening. B)

That looks clean as hell mate! Think I saw it online for sale! When you say mis-timing do you mean it runnng on when you turn it off? Could just be it's got old fuel in the carb, a tank of fresh fuel should see an improvement as mine had 18month of juice in her when I brought her out of mothballs! :lol:

If you really wanted, I know where you can get yourself a nice weber carb! 8-)

Cheers guys, i honestly didnt know if i was going to own a honda again as i wanted to stay on the rwd route but when i saw this i had to have it lol she is mint, its got better paint than my 02 lexus!

Awesome!- I really, reallly hope you mean that literally- http://80shero.blogs...7/aero-era.html

Seriously thats an awesome site, id love to get hold of some old skool wheels, with a bit of dish maybe in 15"

speaking of which did you find a tin of mints or maybe werther's originals in the glovebox?? ;)

No but that would of been a sale bonus lol

When you say mis-timing do you mean it runnng on when you turn it off? Could just be it's got old fuel in the carb, a tank of fresh fuel should see an improvement as mine had 18month of juice in her when I brought her out of mothballs! :lol:

Well when i asked about the mis timing, he said the bloke who mot'd said the distibutor needs sorting out, now the guys who had the car said it was changed a couple of years ago. After taking it off it looks cheap and the rotor arm looks original! u can see the points in the cap warn away and the leads were cheap too. So far ive changed the rotor arm and leads which has improved it but the cap i got was wrong so need to sort one out and i need to check the plugs as it could be one with a wrong gap.

Had a brainwave while on ebay the other night and bought this, its meant for a 89 yamaha fzr 1000 :D

KGrHqNHJ0FHTQ-kdeBR8CJdDUw60_12.jpg