Marcus' 4th Gen Accord ( H22A U2Q7 LSD Swapped)

93 Accord

Figured how to use Movie Maker, so stuck a picture on the audio file.

0-100 pull in the works private test grounds end of 4th is the end,  I stick it in 5th to coast but already at 100.

Mounted the microphone to the airfilter!

• 4 weeks later...

I did a 350mile trip at the weekend. First long drive with the new gearbox U2Q7. I returned 36mpg. This is the same as what I got with the old gearbox M2A4. So interestingly the extra higher 400rpm made no difference to economy. It does make 5th gear very spritly.

• 4 months later...
So I have decided to get another set of wheels for trackdays. Mainly so I dont have to swap over my road and track tyres every time. 

I wanted lighter wheels, and not over priced. I went with Rota Grids 17 x 7.5 in white. 

I know theres a thing with the Rota quality. They have the same manufacturing approvals as the Team Dynamics wheels that so many race championships here have as a control wheel so thats good enough for me. 

The Rotas are around 8.3kg a wheel, oppose to the 11kg Ace wheels I have. They feel alot more nimble in acceleration, braking and cornering. But most importantly a wet set of wheels and dry set. crucial with the quick changing UK weather!

Yokohama A048 225 45 17 semi slicks (dry set)

Half used but useable Uniroyal Rainsport 2 215 45 17 (wet set)

20151023_101647_zpszlkhj5ku.jpg

20151018_133108_zpsfkokljkd.jpg

20151023_103035_zpsbclpgryz.jpg

• Like 1

So what have I been up to, well, Mallory Park trackday thats what!

Dont expect racecar speed but not bad for what it is. Listen out for some toe and heel blips!

Btw this was early on in the day, but the car did 200laps and 60l of fuel, didnt miss a beat! Only fatalities were blowing flexi pipe towards the end of the day and lost a wheel centre cap! 

Were a mix of cars, some very oddly quick cars that came by, and some you would expect.

Was full wet in the morning, mid morning damp drying line, after lunch full dry.

Heres a video!