Knocking From Front left

matrix1

Desperately need help with this. The symptoms are as follows:

I can drive around 50 and below all day and no noise but once I have taken it down the dual carriageway for a good 5 min at higher speed, the knocking starts.Even at the lower speeds. Very loud, worse when going clockwise around a roundabout.

I have Meister R's fitted and am only on the min drop.

I have changed the left wheel bearing ( Koyo )

Changed the drive shafts - both sides including intermediate shaft ( Yonaka Motorsport ).

Can't see any leaks, bushes seem ok although there's some cracking on the very bottom bushing on the droplink.

Obviously getting very annoyed as I have know spent over £1K on the suspension.

Taken to various garages but they can't diagnose it.

Any ideas

have you tried the car at different heights? possible binding driveshaft???

droplinks knock but obviously unlikely as your saying speed sensitive.

do you have appropriate spigot rings for your wheel and i assume wheel nuts are tight?

best i can come up with at this time of night, falling sleep

To me sounds like shaft but u say u changed them. Check around the gearbox where the shafts go in and gearbox oil? I had a little trouble with mine where it poped out a bit! Also I would change the drop links cheap enough and will eliminate it out

Thanks for all your replies.

@Kink. I still have the original wheels and are tightened to 110 NM. Drive shafts are brand new.

@Noodles. is this possible on a car which has only done 42K miles. Please could you guide us on how to test the LSD. I take it crown wheel & pinion are part of the LSD? Is it possible to change the LSD yourself? Cost?

@Simpo. No oil leaks. Or are you saying check level of oil?

Once again, thanks for all your replies. Could anybody recommend a garage around the Midlands if I can't resolve?

What I was getting at with shafts tho. Was when the cars lowered the shafts dont always Like there natural position and can bind a little.

So was thinking if you got height adjustable Coolies. Try raising the car an inch at the front. Rule it out.

What I was getting at with shafts tho. Was when the cars lowered the shafts dont always Like there natural position and can bind a little.

So was thinking if you got height adjustable Coolies. Try raising the car an inch at the front. Rule it out.

He said it's on the minimum drop though.

Have you been round and made sure everything is tight, adjuster rings on the coilovers, all bolts that were loosened when you swapped them over and did you re-attach the brake lines to the shock body??

Everything is attached and torqued to the correct specification as per the manual. All the adjuster rings are tight. What I don't get is that everything was fine for approx 3 mths after the Meister's were fitted.And why no noise if I drive around 50mph but once it starts at higher speeds it will happen at the lower speeds. So this has to be suspension related. A garage I went to yesterday thought the wheels might be out of balance, so having that checked out tomorrow. The idea was to start working on the engine but....Keep the ideas coming. All help much appreciated.