Temp gauge and cooling fans

Roylewaa

• 3 weeks later...

Well the saga continues:(

In traffic yesterday and I glance at the temp gauge and it just past half, pulled over and checked expansion bottle which is about a centimetre over max, rad fan is running

Sat with it idling for a few minutes and the temp gauge kept on climbing and when it went above 3/4 I heard the rad fan go into overdrive but still the gauge doesn't come down, only when I put the interior heaters on full did it start to come down

This morning I checked the rad amd I couldn't see any coolant, so I popped of the expansion tank and it took everything in there to fill the rad back up

I'm clearly loosing it from somewhere and for some reason it's filling the expansion tank and not taking it back into the rad when it's needed

I can smell coolant in the car and when at idle with no blowers on I can hear the heater matrix gurgling with a rushing water sound

I'm starting to think classic honda hg faliure symptoms :( although this morning I had it running for neirly an hour with the rad cap off and front jacked up and the coolant stayed in the neck of the rad with no bubbles or drama

Leaky matrix?? Smelling coolant In The car screams it.

It happens.

You can see the bottom of the matrix just with a torch In the passenger footwell.

Pull the carpet back and check it out.

Gutted you've still got problems

I know it's been fine for a while now

I hope but don't hope it's the matrix if you know what I mean

The mrs asked me to turn the blowers off yesterday as the smell was making her feel sick, hot coolant and pregnancy don't mix

Since I had it running with the front up in the air it seems to have calmed down touch wood, still up to the neck in the rad and no more gauge creeping up so far

Sitting in mcdonalds drive through I was concentrating on the gauge so much I messed up my order:)