Temp gauge and cooling fans

Roylewaa

Certainly hope so mate, losing sleep over it to be honest

Been ok today, although all I did was check coolant levels (which had not changed and rad was still full) and pop to the shop

Atm couldn't afford that kind of repair :(

Man these Hondas are a nightmare to bleed. as long as the bulk of air is out and its not overheating. Then just drive it and the air will make its way to the expansion bottle.

Just keep your eye on coolant level over next few days and top us as necessary. It'll be fine.

Cheers mate, I certainly hope so

Had no heaters for ages yesterday, spent the best part of an hour squeezing hoses and swearing at it

Why they don't have a bleed screw anymore

I read that earlier accords an civics had a bleed bolt on the stat housing

Been a few days with the new thermostat in and so far so good, a few spells of being stuck in traffic and needle stayed bang on just over 1/3 up the gauge

I am getting a whiff of hot coolant occasionally so wondering if I have a small external leak somewhere, which in turn is causing the occasional airlock which makes the temp spike, although coolant is staying full in the rad and expansion bottle holding steady at just under max

Fingers crossed this is the end of it, sick of spending more time looking at the gauge than the road :(

Going for a long run at lunchtime so will be taking some water incase

Yep paranoia is my worst enemy

Did a 60 mile run this afternoon and everything was fine, temp never deviated

Checked coolant after it had cooled a little and was just over max in the expansion tank and at the top of the rad just below the filler neck

• 2 weeks later...

If it overheating still maybe worth trying a new radiator as have found out when mine was an mb2 they block up and overheat when stood in traffic but driving it absolutely fine leave it to warm up and then check the radiator if there cold spots on the rad tends to say that it blocked so replace it and should be fine :)