MC1 Aerodeck... high-up water leaks down the inside body panels in the boot

jamezzz

I have just bought another MC1 Aerodeck and I'm in the process of swapping all the good bits from my condemned-soon-to-be-scrapped black MC1 onto this better blue one. I had all the boot plastics and carpets out to swap over the struts and the minor water leak has turned into a massive one. On the left hand side of the boot there is a load of water pooling inside and out of the cutout section to the outer body that houses the vent and what I assume are sunroof drain houses. I mopped up all the water so it was all dry. It rained all night and the pool is back. It's about 1cm deep! There is a visible run from high up, right down the inside of the outer body approx 6" from the rear corner of the car. It appears to be in the same place on both sides of the car, but much more so on the passenger side. Before coming to work, I poured some water on the plastic strip at the tail end of the roof rail and the water run seemed to trickle more. There seemed to be some drops around the hoses inside both side panels which I think are sunroof drain holes. The rest of the interior is dry, just the severe boot leak to fix. Any ideas where to start looking/sealing? The sunroof seal looks a bit baggy at the front so I'm temped to silicone it shut for good anyway. Or is it something else that's the issue? The water runs are high on boths sides. I have good photo's of these leaks to help diagnose them, but can't see where I could upload them to this post.

I wouldn't silicone the sunroof. There's a channel under the glass with drain points as you know, so a little water is expected to get down there. Likely coming somewhere else. Maybe boot or door seal???

I wouldn't silicone the sunroof. There's a channel under the glass with drain points as you know, so a little water is expected to get down there. Likely coming somewhere else. Maybe boot or door seal???

It's definitely not the door or boot seal as the water runs are visible on the inside of the outerbody, coming down from the concealed area up near the rear side windows. I wish I could post some photo's of them on here somehow.

You need to upload photos to photobucket first and then grab the image link codes and paste them into the box that comes up when you click the little picture of the tree.

Thanks. Here are the photo's:

20131017_085928_zpsf6ef037e.jpg

20131017_085242_zpsae72ad16.jpg

20131017_085211_zps4d2cd0ef.jpg

20131017_085200_zps70dc8910.jpg

Photo's 1, 2 and 4 show the water runs coming down from the concealed area where the rear side windows are. There seems to be some drops around the black hose outlets in these areas too. Photo 3 shows the puddle both on the inside and the outside of the lip between the inner section of the boot and the cutout section where the outer body skin is.

I siliconed my sunroof to stop this- worked on the boot, but still seem to get a wet headlining above the drivers door. The rearward sunroof drains seem to be the culprit. I had no luck with trying to rod them out, if you had all the headlining and interior trim out you may be able to repair them?