vibration

spudley1988

Howdy, thought of try see if anyone has any knowledge of my situation before I go blasting needless cash on parts. When I accelerate in my mb6 the whole car vibrates quite a lot. The harder the acceleration the worse it vibrates. Isn't the wheel balancing as this has been done.

Anyone have any views on this? Things that have been suggested:

* driveshaft play

* no sprigot ring on alloys

* faulty tyres but now have new tyres on

Their was a few more I'm sure but my memory is shocking at times lol. Does this vibrating sound familiar to anyone at all?

Many thanks folks.

did you get the wheels balanced as well or are they buckled? I have a set of dc2 wheels and 3 was mint till I got the tyres changed and that's when it hit the fan :(:( when the new weights went on it all went tits up and have took them off for now. check front anti roll bar joints or wheel bearings as well. and might have rear engine mount for you as well,(will look and find out).

• Like 1

Doubt it's engine mounts. Rear mount goes ya just get super jerry shifts. Had it on three honda now.

wheel related vibration would occur at a constant speed not just accelerating. So doubt it's that.

Probably be inclined to see if you've still got damper on drive shaft. And check for play in wheel bearings

Checked for wheel bearings this morning and their is no play at all. So not bearing and wheel balancing. I dont know if it helps but if i sit constant at 60 it constantly vibrates as well, go any faster and vibration continues and quite often gets worse with the speed.