Hamza's silver MB3 - 07/08/2014 - Red rocker cover

h4mza

Looking super bright mate! :)

And Toms right, the projectors do look awesome!

And they will pass an MOT without the need of a friendly tester! :)

I have seen your thread Tom, the projectors do look awesome. I like the BMW style angel eyes :)

Are they easy to make yourself? I've seen G3 projectors on eBay for £50 and thought all I need to do is spray all chrome bit headlight black and shove in the projectors where the H4 bulb goes. Is it that simple or more is required?

I have seen your thread Tom, the projectors do look awesome. I like the BMW style angel eyes :)

Are they easy to make yourself? I've seen G3 projectors on eBay for £50 and thought all I need to do is spray all chrome bit headlight black and shove in the projectors where the H4 bulb goes. Is it that simple or more is required?

MashAllah cars coming along nicely bro, some nice mods going down.

I think projectors may be next on my list too, Tom's deck looks mean as.

• Like 2

Got bad news and confused what to do. May need some advice.

A few weeks ago I noticed some spill on the floor every morning I took the car out of driveway, stupidly I didn't pay attention to it. I also could smell petrol in my car at some times. Few days later it was getting frustrating to see the spills so I had a look underneath and couldn't tell anything. I checked the oil and dipstick mark was showing very low so I bought and poured in 2L of the same oil. 

It's now been 2 weeks and the car has since spilled twice. Last time it spilled was 5 days ago. Around the time when the spills occurred, my exhaust also started to sound loud. It's only a back box I have with standard tail pipe.

Just recently, few days ago, I was driving uphill and exhaust became even more loud. Every time I went over speed bumps, I could hear knocking noise from the exhaust. Also my petrol light came up the same day when I had only done 54 miles. I was shocked to see it because I normally get 100-130 miles from £20 petrol. So I drove until 81 miles then filled up £20. It's been a few days and today petrol light came up at 80 miles which seems alright to me as it's normal, I could get 30 miles extra totalling 110 miles but it's always town driving I do.

Only had a chance to go to garage today to check and they couldn't find any leaks, but we saw that the centre pipe had broken causing the exhaust to knock and sound loud. I've already got a stainless centre pipe and also a decat so I think it's about time to get it fitted. What I'm worried about is why couldn't they find any leaks? Why would the car leak for a bit then all of sudden stop? If I leave it like this unchecked, would there be a bigger problem in future?

Last question. Absolutely. Leaks don't just disappear.

I think you have two unrelated problems here mate. You've established the exhaust issue.

To try and establish the leak issue, take the car out, come home, then out some cardboard under the car where you think it leaking from. This should give you a better idea of where it's coming from and hopefully narrow the search area down slightly.

Once you've determined a rough area, you can begin to look at it in more detail.

• Like 1

The leak could possibly be the rear feed pipe or return pipe going to the fuel tank (I had this problem) But from what you saying, it's coming from the engine area?

Have you done a service recently and changed the fuel filter? Check both pipes going to the filter.

Also looking for fuel leaks can be difficult at times as petrol can evaporate, depending how long the leak has been there.  

I hope you get this sorted out soon mate :)

Yes the leaks is coming from the engine area. Sometimes I can see yellow/greenish liquid over the front lip. It had rained in the past few days so couldn't really determine the leaks but I've noticed one particular area on the ground that is always wet, it is coming from under the corner of the front driver side. Any idea what that could be?

Also got a few updates. As my exhaust centre pipe was broken, I tried to replace it with an 2.5 I had bought earlier on but it was short from the front. So what I did was add the decat pipe on front of it, not sure if stupid idea lol? The decat pipe wouldn't fit on my car anyway. It sounds nice and loud but I want it more louder so next thing on my list is an aftermarket manifold but first I need to get the lowering springs installed as they are sat here doing nothing :P

8E8AA456-D9E5-43F3-AB78-D6AE0BA78FE2_zps

77988B3B-AD54-40E4-8569-08FF6437A033_zps

I also re wrapped the dash trim again in carbon, previously I had to use 3 seperate cuts and it looked horrible so now one full sheet, nice and smooth.5B1CB7BC-7655-46D4-ACAD-B0ED3F16C153_zps

Lastly my red rocker cover, my first engine mod :P Also did few other bits. Quite pleased with but I'm wanting to do the Honda text in black as well as all the bolts on the rocker cover.

3E8BB925-A7F4-4574-814D-D654FF502EFE_zps

Its not coolant is it?

I, drivers side front possibly coolant, A/C gas is greenish/yellow too but that would leak on the passenger side.

Keep an eye on it bro.