Will this engine fit my MA??

skitzma8

Would like someone to help me out here please. I want to know if the engine out of the 1999 honda accord fit my car? If so what will I need for the swap as I'm going to buy a full accord for the donor, but will I need other parts? Here's the accord I'm on about :) click link to see http://item.mobileweb.ebay.co.uk/viewitem?sbk=1&nav=SEARCH&itemId=321243766324

I wasn't going to buy that accord in the link just wanted to show as example, I know its not the most powerfull honda unit out there but its 145 bhp for pennies and my MA is lighter than an accord and it would be something different than the norm with a turbo, I've just had enough of my MA8's pathetic 90hp engine! But if I can get a prelude 2.2 or mb6 to break that would be much better :D

I was thinking of doing an Accord swap but then I looked into it! 

F-series (F20c/F22c) parts are either rare or expensive (..And rare!) because the same engine is used in a S2000! So You're looking at top quality JDM parts like TODA, Greddy/Trust etc because every F20C search you do will load S2K pages!

B20b or Z1 out of crv would be good but arnt they slower/underpowered compared to B16 B18? Also would the running gear fit aswell, looked on wiki and says the JDM domani MB6 was offered with a 4X4 system borrowed from the crv!

B20 came from CRV's and S-MX's I think!

B20b or Z1 out of crv would be good but arnt they slower/underpowered compared to B16 B18? Also would the running gear fit aswell, looked on wiki and says the JDM domani MB6 was offered with a 4X4 system borrowed from the crv!

Most use the B20 bottom end and throw a VTEC head on from a B16 or B18, results vary from build to build but generally good and simple as far as frankenstein builds go! 

B 20 tad more torquey. With a vtec head on they usually make around 185bhp.

B20z is the better choice for higher rpm.

Also f series used in prelude and accord is very different to s 2000 engine.

It's more like a larger displacement d series. Sohc!

• Like 1