Krzys' MB6 VTi-S - Sold!

Krzys

Yesterday had another fettle with the suspension, the N/S/F seemed eager to catch the arch and I remember when fitting my brother had loosened the preload clamp by accident so I decided I'd set them all up again from scratch, 5mm of preload and then raised the suspension another 10mm, now have 60mm of thread from ring to ring! Can now get a finger into the arch now front and back, didn't scrape at all on the short drive to work over very rough roads and speedbumps! Also its even more comfortable now! :cool:

Also donor car is sold, just need to put the interior back together! Got in to move it last night having forgot the seat isn't bolted in and about fell over as it tilted backwards :lol:

• Like 2

Good work mate! Preload makes a load of difference! Wound it all off mine for comfort and she rides lovely. But would like to wind a little on..

Great work on the selling! Did you make your money back?

Oh id love to have seen that!

Got in to move it last night having forgot the seat isn't bolted in and about fell over as it tilted backwards :lol:

:lol:

Can't believe you sold it already, that was a hell of a quick turn around. :)

Good work mate! Preload makes a load of difference! Wound it all off mine for comfort and she rides lovely. But would like to wind a little on..

Great work on the selling! Did you make your money back?

Oh id love to have seen that!

Yeah I'm not sure but there may have been more than 5mm of preload out of the box? Either way it's 5mm now and feels more comfortable! Really happy and falling in love all over again :lol:

Not made all the money back but I'm happy with the final cost given the "hidden extras" I needed to do the complete swap properly! Plus I've nabbed the headlight protectors too :lol:

My older brother is having it to try and make some money himself, saves me the hassle of advertising! Plus I found it's got a small oil leak! 

• Like 1

Yeah I'm not sure but there may have been more than 5mm of preload out of the box? Either way it's 5mm now and feels more comfortable! Really happy and falling in love all over again :lol:

Not made all the money back but I'm happy with the final cost given the "hidden extras" I needed to do the complete swap properly! Plus I've nabbed the headlight protectors too :lol:

My older brother is having it to try and make some money himself, saves me the hassle of advertising! Plus I found it's got a small oil leak! 

Not sure what they are out the box mate. Would have thought that there is some wound on! I wound all mine off though when i transferred to the deck !

Sounds like a win win in the end then mate ! Happy bloody days !!

• Like 1

Yeah, I wound some of my pre-load off to, does make them a bit more comfy. :)

As long as you've ended up paying anything less than £150 for a complete leather interior I'd say that's a win.

• Like 2