Krzys' MB6 VTi-S - Sold!

Krzys

Just had a look on Lings, £264 each. :o

So I hope you can clean them or find some others. Could still be an ignition issue though, best have a chat with your bro.

Yeah he was going through way of checking for a spark but this was at nearly 9pm last night and I wasn't interested at that point :lol: 

But yeah if I can get it to start playing up, then get the plugs out to check for sparks. Just a matter of having the weather plus some help with cranking her etc!

Doesn't help my brother was told yesterday that sidejobs in the garage are off the table for the time being as somebody was taking the p1ss!

Doesn't help my brother was told yesterday that sidejobs in the garage are off the table for the time being as somebody was taking the p1ss!

That's a pain. :(

Had a lot of time this morning to read about on the interweb and the Honda service manual downloaded from here! Interweb seems to point at the injectors either dirty or dying. The service manual has told me to get the car running then unplug each one in turn to check if the idle drops, if I unplug one and it doesn't, then it's potentially clogged or duff!

• Like 1

Had a lot of time this morning to read about on the interweb and the Honda service manual downloaded from here! Interweb seems to point at the injectors either dirty or dying. The service manual has told me to get the car running then unplug each one in turn to check if the idle drops, if I unplug one and it doesn't, then it's potentially clogged or duff!

Sounds favourite, have you messaged 10krpm to see if he's got any spares or are you going to make sure it's that first?

Sounds favourite, have you messaged 10krpm to see if he's got any spares or are you going to make sure it's that first?

Going to find out if I need any before hunting for them, not sure I fancy used ones though, something bugs me when it comes to important bits like this about used items! 

sounds like a logical plan to me.. Whats the chances of her running long enough to test as she is at the moment ???

If she starts, she'll run fine at idle, not rough or any signs of trouble until you suddenly gas her, she'll rev if your gentle and the same goes for actual driving, straining the engine seems to produce the problems so I'm going to get her warmed up at idle, make her stall, get it running again (if I can) then pull the plugs from injectors. Seems logical in my head... 

Going to find out if I need any before hunting for them, not sure I fancy used ones though, something bugs me when it comes to important bits like this about used items! 

If she starts, she'll run fine at idle, not rough or any signs of trouble until you suddenly gas her, she'll rev if your gentle and the same goes for actual driving, straining the engine seems to produce the problems so I'm going to get her warmed up at idle, make her stall, get it running again (if I can) then pull the plugs from injectors. Seems logical in my head... 

Sounds very much like a fuelling issue mate .. but £264 per injector doesnt sound good at all !

Long story short i had several Kangoo vans a few years ago that i cleaned up and sold, they had injector problems, new costs were about the same ..  But i found a place on fleabay that worked on re-con units and they did them for £90 per injector IIRC ..   

Sounds very much like a fuelling issue mate .. but £264 per injector doesnt sound good at all !

Long story short i had several Kangoo vans a few years ago that i cleaned up and sold, they had injector problems, new costs were about the same ..  But i found a place on fleabay that worked on re-con units and they did them for £90 per injector IIRC ..   

I'll keep that in mind should I need to go looking for some, recon is still better than raw second hand units! 

sounds right to me mate. When you thinking of trying this, tonight when you get home from work ????

Yeah going to try when I get home, need to nip and get some redex on my travels though so if I can get her to drive the short journey then she'll be warmed up ready for the testing! Then I'll bung the cleaners in afterwards regardless! 

That sounds better. £264 is lings price, interesting to see what john banks can do them for, I saved £50 on a set of front drop links and rubbers this week. :)